Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  What software do you use for fosters to schedule their wellness or surgery appointments?

Posted 05-30-2018 09:27 AM

Hi all,

We are looking to get some kind of appointment booking system for our foster caregivers to make their own appointments. Do you have any suggestions? Free is best, but we may be able to pay a bit...

Cheers,

Tiva

#foster
    #software
    #FosterPrograms
    #surgery

• 2.  RE: What software do you use for fosters to schedule their wellness or surgery appointments?

Posted 05-30-2018 04:45 PM

Following. 

#FosterPrograms

• 3.  RE: What software do you use for fosters to schedule their wellness or surgery appointments?

Posted 05-31-2018 07:18 AM

We don't use anything (yet), but what about Maddie's Pet Assistant? I would love to try it, but it is not up to me. I sent a link to our new director though, see what she does.

#FosterPrograms

• 4.  RE: What software do you use for fosters to schedule their wellness or surgery appointments?

Posted 05-31-2018 11:23 AM

@Dorian, I think MPA only does follow up surveys, and is not an appointment booking system. (We are looking at using MPA too!) Our foster coordinator said that at her foster apprenticeship they used Full Slate, which is around $300-800/year. All the scheduling apps seem to be in this price range for the feature set we need. If anyone has experience over one or the other I'd love to hear about it.

#FosterPrograms

• 5.  RE: What software do you use for fosters to schedule their wellness or surgery appointments?

Posted 06-01-2018 05:55 AM

Several shelters I know of are using Acuity Scheduling. One is using Fullslate

#FosterPrograms

• 6.  RE: What software do you use for fosters to schedule their wellness or surgery appointments?

Posted 06-01-2018 05:56 AM

Neither appears to be free, but the shelters I spoke with were all happy with what they'd chosen.

#FosterPrograms

• 7.  RE: What software do you use for fosters to schedule their wellness or surgery appointments?

Posted 06-01-2018 08:47 AM

We are using Calendly this spring for our fosters to schedule routine appointments such as vaccines. It connects to your existing calendar, you set up rules for availability, people click the link you give them and see what times are available and book their spot. It goes on your calendar automatically, and you get an email to let you know it's been scheduled.

For sick appointments we still want to talk with them to make sure we're on the same page about how quickly they need to be seen (it's easy to underestimate how quickly a baby can go downhill).

I'm also using Calendly for folks to schedule appointments with me (staff, vendors, whoever needs one), and love it. There are both paid and free versions; what I learned is that if you want the free (which is working fine for us) only set up one type of time slot in the beginning because after the free first month you'll lose all but one, so that's more work to go back and adjust from what's in the free month's full service to what's available with ongoing free service. They give you more stuff in the first month free to get you hooked on the extra features : )

Here's my Calendly link so you can see what it looks like: https://calendly.com/kking-2 

If you book an appointment with me by accident just email me at kking@dakinhumane.org to let me know : )

#FosterPrograms

• 8.  RE: What software do you use for fosters to schedule their wellness or surgery appointments?

Posted 06-04-2018 11:52 AM

Thanks everyone for the replies. Right now I am most fond of FullSlate, but Acuity seems to do a lot of the same features. I think that the Acuity scheduling page is simpler and more beautiful than the Full Slate one, but is actually more confusing for users when going through the appointment flow. We're going to go with FullSlate for now. Thank you for your suggestions!

#FosterPrograms