Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Combined Federal Campaign Kickoff Event

Posted 09-26-2019 05:47 AM

We have been invited to attend a Combined Federal Campaign Kickoff Event. This is a chance for Charities to get exposure to Donor Companies to increase donations through CFC. I was wondering if anyone's organization has been invited and attended any event. I want to know how to prepare for this, what to expect at the event, what to bring, etc.

I appreciate any help I can get with this. TIA

#prepareforcfcevent
    #combinedfederalcampaign
    #cfceventinvitation
    #federaldonations
    #FundraisingandDevelopment

• 2.  RE: Combined Federal Campaign Kickoff Event

Posted 09-26-2019 09:14 AM

We attended one for the State of California employees and will be going to several more for departments within the state. We have a branded pop-up canopy we bring. They usually provide a table and two chairs. We have a branded table cloth and have our general brochures, monthly donor brochures and a general postcard. As a cat organization, I have a large fish bowl with "meow mix" (aka goldfish crackers) in it that we scoop out for people for snack since these fairs usually happen at lunch. We have a sign up sheet for our email list. We talk to people about what we do. I'm not sure about the federal program, but we have to register to be part of the stat program and we get a special number. I print that number on small stickers and place it on the collateral material we hand out because it is that number employees use to designate our nonprofit for donations via their paycheck. We had no idea that we should do this the first year we went. I hope this helps!

• 3.  RE: Combined Federal Campaign Kickoff Event

Posted 09-26-2019 09:26 AM

Thank you Rochelle, yes we have a CFC #, I appreciate your advice, it definitely helps.

• 4.  RE: Combined Federal Campaign Kickoff Event

Posted 09-26-2019 10:28 AM

We attended one last year and plan to attend one this year.  We had brochures, cards and info on the care of cats.  (we are a cat rescue)  We also brought 2 kittens in a small cage and that was a huge draw!  Our donations increased and we got an adoption out of the visit so it was great to aquaint our rescue with donors.

• 5.  RE: Combined Federal Campaign Kickoff Event

Posted 09-26-2019 01:14 PM

That sounds really interesting, I had no idea that they might allow animals at the event.  Thank you