Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  What is the most interesting thing you've ever gotten a grant for?

Posted 07-25-2019 10:00 AM

Feel free to share any tips!

(Yes, the sleeping kitten above is a positively shameless ploy to catch your eye)

#questionoftheweek
    #grants
    #qotw
    #FundraisingandDevelopment

• 2.  RE: What is the most interesting thing you've ever gotten a grant for?

Posted 07-29-2019 09:13 AM

We once got a grant to help get supplies for our field trip program

• 3.  RE: What is the most interesting thing you've ever gotten a grant for?

Posted 07-29-2019 09:20 AM

I heard the Petfinder Foundation has a grant for this now. Is that where you got it?

• 4.  RE: What is the most interesting thing you've ever gotten a grant for?

Posted 07-29-2019 10:03 AM

It wasn't- it was from a local foundation- but I've heard the Petfinder Foundation just started giving out grants for field trips recently. I think they're only for people who have done the apprenticeship or online course.

• 5.  RE: What is the most interesting thing you've ever gotten a grant for?

Posted 07-29-2019 09:15 AM

When I was with the Friends of the Fairfax County Animal Shelter, we got a grant (from the local community foundation, I think) to help us fund board-and-train for some of the dogs whose behavior was deteriorating from shelter stress. The funding literally saved the life of every dog the shelter was able to send.

• 6.  RE: What is the most interesting thing you've ever gotten a grant for?

Posted 07-31-2019 09:46 AM

I'm thrilled to see this! Glad there are funders who appreciate the concept. We have a board/train facility partner but no funding...yet!

• 7.  RE: What is the most interesting thing you've ever gotten a grant for?

Posted 07-31-2019 09:44 AM

We are thrilled to have received a grant for our website & social media development from Maddie's Fund! THANK YOU, MADDIE! 

Everyone please visit us at http://silvercometawa.org/ and like us on Facebook (Silver Comet Animal Welfare Alliance) and Instagram (@silvercometawa).

• 8.  RE: What is the most interesting thing you've ever gotten a grant for?

Posted 08-01-2019 09:44 AM

Your website is beautiful, and I love the fact that you've included Maddie's Pet Forum and Maddie's University as resources for your supporters!

• 9.  RE: What is the most interesting thing you've ever gotten a grant for?

Posted 08-02-2019 08:48 AM

THANK YOU! I'm sure I made the web developer crazy, but we are very pleased with the result. Yes, MPF & MU are included! I find that a lot of people don't know about them so hopefully having links on our site will increase awareness and encourage self-study...animal welfare "click bait" of sorts. LOL  ;-) You've probably seen Best Friends new campaign targeting the lowest save rate states including ours - Georgia. If we are to reach No Kill 2025 with the rest of the country, everyone - including those already involved in animal welfare - needs to increase their knowledge of available resources & tools and have educated, culture-changing talking points. <3