Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  COVID-19 & Pet Owners

Posted 03-27-2020 05:35 PM

I've seen posts on how shelters and rescues can cope during COVID, but would like advice on how to answer a different question. What resources are available to help pet owners prepare in the event that they’re unable to care for their pets (aka COVID hospitalization)?

#DisasterReliefInfo

• 2.  RE: COVID-19 & Pet Owners

Posted 03-29-2020 10:58 AM

I sent a email to Beth Ward at CC Animal Services addressing this problem.  Mentioning that we would soon have feral dogs,  I asked what are people to do with strays and more specifically infant kittens being born right now.  She did answer my email, but did not mention my concerns.  I am not sure how many of the rescues will be taking these infants in, but we will soon be in a bind unable to get them adopted.  At that point we will have a real mess on our hands.  Hope everyone is staying safe and staying away from everyone else.  It is the only way we will get over this.

#DisasterReliefInfo

• 3.  RE: COVID-19 & Pet Owners

Posted 04-23-2020 08:31 AM
      |   view attached

I wrote this guide for Continuity of Care Guide for Cats during the COVID-19 Pandemic for Toronto Cat Rescue. It deal with how to handle emergency foster care for cats as well as arranging for a new home int he event you die. It only deals with cats as we are a cat rescue. Hope you find it of value.

Stay safe

#DisasterReliefInfo

Attachment(s)