Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Working from home due to coronavirus?

Posted 03-18-2020 01:19 PM

The CDC has stated that there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be shared between people and our pets. And with health authorities recommending "social distancing" to help prevent the spread of the virus, more people are spending their work days at home with their pets.

How has the "social distancing" recommendation affected your life with your pets?

If you're suddenly working from home, share pictures of your furry co-workers!

Is your pet seeing this more as play time or dinner time than work time? Explore these enrichment tips on ways to keep your pet busy so that you can get some work done! 

#DisasterReliefInfo
    #qotw
    #covid-19
    #coronavirus
    #questionoftheweek
    #socialdistancing

• 2.  RE: Working from home due to coronavirus?

Posted 03-19-2020 07:36 AM

I'm personally feeling a little 'stir-crazy' working from home, but that means more walks for the dog, so he's pretty happy/pooped out for the most part! The cat, however, has become crazy-needy having us home (even more vocal than normal, which is pretty darn vocal already) which is an interesting development 

I feel like a chunk of my anxiety is from having to stop TNR and most intake right now, and thinking about how that's going to affect us down the road... I know it can't be helped but my brain doesn't like to listen to reason sometimes!   

#DisasterReliefInfo

• 3.  RE: Working from home due to coronavirus?

Posted 03-19-2020 09:29 AM

Thomas is a handsome fellow! Thank you for the work that you do. Hoping that this "rest" will be a blessing in disguise.

#DisasterReliefInfo

• 4.  RE: Working from home due to coronavirus?

Posted 03-19-2020 09:58 AM

We enjoy working from home and have done so for many years off and on. Our seven dogs are sharing the office space with us as we work from home-usually 2 or three at a time. Walking them is a wonderful part of the workday as well! Now, our eight cats...many of them would not allow us to do much of anything that they could not be actively involved with, and they are very detail-oriented! So we "visit" them during income hours and usually share our meals with them. Another challenging activity at times-they really like to eat what we are eating, when we are eating it. (I wonder how they ever got into that habit...

I can't remember where I buried this image. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Sonrise

#DisasterReliefInfo