Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Which conferences are you planning to attend this year?

Posted 02-19-2020 03:52 PM

Conference time is right around the corner! With the American Pets Alive! Conference kicking off next week in Austin from Feb. 28 to March 1st, there is always more to learn about increasing your lifesaving!

Which conferences are you planning to attend this year? What do you hope to learn?

If you need some ideas of which conferences to attend either online or in-person, check out this discussion started by @Jessica Schleder with dozens of conferences to choose from as recommended by community members! 

#Conferences,WorkshopsandSeminars
    #conference
    #questionoftheweek
    #conferences
    #qotw

• 2.  RE: Which conferences are you planning to attend this year?

Posted 02-20-2020 10:52 AM

APA!, Cal Animals, Expo, BFAS, both Association conferences, Digital Animal Summit (pet tech)

• 3.  RE: Which conferences are you planning to attend this year?

Posted 02-21-2020 12:45 PM

Attended the UGA Shelter Medicine Symposium & going to my first HSUS Expo! :-)

• 4.  RE: Which conferences are you planning to attend this year?

Posted 02-21-2020 01:50 PM

What is the difference between best friends and Austin pets alive?

• 5.  RE: Which conferences are you planning to attend this year?

Posted 02-21-2020 01:57 PM

I'll be attending AmPA! next week and very excited. My first time! I'll also be attending Best Friends Conference in Orlando in June. It is one that I try to get to each year. Inspiring, engaging, non-traditional and traditional formats, great variety of speakers. I chose not to attend HSUS or Association Conferences. 

• 6.  RE: Which conferences are you planning to attend this year?

Posted 02-24-2020 11:33 AM

Just an fyi for anyone registering for their first Expo (like me!)...

You have to choose which sessions you want to attend when you register. Since there are a hundred or so to choose from, make your selections prior to starting the registration process. If you spend too much time reading descriptions, the portal will time you out. See you in San Antonio! :-)

• 7.  RE: Which conferences are you planning to attend this year?

Posted 02-25-2020 07:23 AM

The 2020 Online Kitten Conference is June 12th-14th!  The National Kitten Coalition and Community Cats Podcast have partnered again to bring you kitten-focused webinar sessions that you can watch from the comfort of your home or anywhere around the world!  Check out the Conference website for a list of speakers and sessions.  The schedule will be announced shortly!

https://www.communitycatspodcast.com/online-kitten-conference-2020/

• 8.  RE: Which conferences are you planning to attend this year?

Posted 02-25-2020 01:57 PM

I can only afford to do one conference, so I've been going to the HSUS Expo for the past few years. I went with the Expo because it seems to draw the largest crowds and has the greatest number of people to meet, it has scholarships for bringing in a lot of people doing international work so we can learn from them, and the meals are all vegan.  I've been to too many other events where the only thing I can eat from the conference is a box of shredded iceberg lettuce, so it's amazing to have good vegan meals (with desserts!).

• 9.  RE: Which conferences are you planning to attend this year?

Posted 03-26-2020 10:07 AM

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one frustrated by event planners who think vegan equals box of shredded lettuce! BAHAHA! Soooo very disappointed that Expo was cancelled because of this evil virus. I was going for the first time.