Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  In what ways does your organization show appreciation for volunteers?

Posted 10-14-2019 04:00 PM

What do you think makes the most impact?

#volunteerappreciation
    #volunteers
    #appreciation
    #PeopleManagement

• 2.  RE: In what ways does your organization show appreciation for volunteers?

Posted 10-15-2019 09:43 AM

We were thinking about doing a volunteer feature monthly (or maybe every 3 months?) on our instagram to give them a shoutout and a thank you with a little write up about them and their work at the shelter. We were thinking maybe a "limited edition" volunteer shirt for them as a thank you - what do yall think?

#PeopleManagement

• 3.  RE: In what ways does your organization show appreciation for volunteers?

Posted 10-17-2019 07:42 AM

Love it! I know being featured on social media or even having a picture of a pet that a volunteer took featured by the shelter are really rewarding to volunteers. I do some of ours, and we often get thank you messages from volunteers whose pics were posted. I love the limited edition t-shirt idea. 

#PeopleManagement

• 4.  RE: In what ways does your organization show appreciation for volunteers?

Posted 10-24-2019 04:20 PM

This is a difficult question.  There is a paid staff and volunteers ( I am volunteer) aren't usually recognized unless another volunteer thanks you for something you did, which is rare, though this is something I try to do with every volunteer I work with.

#PeopleManagement

• 5.  RE: In what ways does your organization show appreciation for volunteers?

Posted 10-26-2019 05:17 AM

I always say "Thank you," to staff and volunteers alike as they leave. I love the idea of submitting a picture a volunteer or staff member took while here. I wish we could afford a limited edition t-shirt! That would be awesome.

#PeopleManagement