Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Community Cat Program Software

Posted 11-22-2019 11:19 AM

What do you use to manage your community cat program? What do you love and hate about it? How large is the population (of humans) where your program is located?

#CommunityCatManagement

• 2.  RE: Community Cat Program Software

Posted 11-23-2019 07:57 AM

I'm interested to hear what people are using too.   We are mostly using airtable to collect the data.  

#CommunityCatManagement

• 3.  RE: Community Cat Program Software

Posted 11-23-2019 11:31 AM

Following to hear what people are using also. Thanks for posting!

#CommunityCatManagement

• 4.  RE: Community Cat Program Software

Posted 11-25-2019 06:21 AM

Check out catstats.org

#CommunityCatManagement

• 5.  RE: Community Cat Program Software

Posted 12-03-2019 03:03 PM

We use ShelterLuv, which has been great for helping us stay organized with medical information, intake address, and which trapper was involved. Plus they charge you per *adopted* animal. There's no charge for animals with a different outcome (TNR'ed, transferred to another shelter, etc)! We're primarily TNR, so it's very affordable for us. We are in Milwaukee, WI ( ~600,000 people).

Downside is that it doesn't have an option to map out colonies or something like that (we have that recorded separately on Google Maps, also with locations for our volunteers). 

#CommunityCatManagement

• 6.  RE: Community Cat Program Software

Posted 01-21-2020 03:51 PM

Joy, thanks for the suggestion of Airtable. I'm checking out the tutorials and think it could work for my TNR group, which is currently using Google sheets and needs a better way. Question: Did you use one of the Airbase templates for your colony tracking workbook? Any chance you could share screen shots of how your system is set up? Thanks!

#CommunityCatManagement