Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Retail Inventory Tracking

Posted 09-09-2019 10:37 AM

Hi All!

We are a small managed intake shelter with a small retail space. We haven't yet utilized the retail space to its full potential due to a lack of tracking and someone to oversee the project. We're hoping to up our retail game for the next year though! We currently use (and love!) ShelterLuv for our shelter software but are struggling with the fact that it doesn't track inventory. What systems are you using to track retail inventory? I'm open to any and all suggestions that don't include switching shelter software!

#DataandTechnology

• 2.  RE: Retail Inventory Tracking

Posted 09-09-2019 11:38 AM

Hi Dawn, we use SL too and adore it!  You can track your inventory if you look at the shopping cart configuration area you will see that inventory is recorded.  What is lacking is an export to Excel.  We copy and past it to have a workable document.  Here's an article from SL for more info:  https://shelterluv.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/236096708-Setting-up-non-adoption-shopping-cart-items

#DataandTechnology

• 3.  RE: Retail Inventory Tracking

Posted 09-10-2019 02:14 PM

Thank you so much!  Warms my heart to see our customers helping each other get more done.  We're honored to be a small part of what you do.

#DataandTechnology

• 4.  RE: Retail Inventory Tracking

Posted 09-10-2019 10:52 AM

@ElenaB @GregLucas @Helen @ Shelterluv Do you have any other suggestions? 

#DataandTechnology

• 5.  RE: Retail Inventory Tracking

Posted 09-10-2019 11:04 AM

On it, Kim! I'm connecting with our customer success team to get their best practices from other customers, in addition to the advice that Carrie shared here. Thanks, Carrie!

#DataandTechnology

• 6.  RE: Retail Inventory Tracking

Posted 09-11-2019 11:13 AM

Thanks, Elena! 

#DataandTechnology

• 7.  RE: Retail Inventory Tracking

Posted 09-12-2019 06:32 AM

We're really looking for a system that can track inventory, report on what's in stock and what has been sold, as well as the stuff that SL already does like tracking cost. 

#DataandTechnology

• 8.  RE: Retail Inventory Tracking

Posted 09-13-2019 07:52 AM

Have you thought of enlisting volunteers to help run your space? I bet you have a lot of volunteers who currently work, or did work in a retail environment, and would be happy to help.  

#DataandTechnology