Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Database recommendations for resident, adoptable, and adopted animals?

Guinn Friedman _

Guinn Friedman _08-08-2019 06:55 AM

KatieKN _

KatieKN _08-21-2019 02:37 PM

• 1.  Database recommendations for resident, adoptable, and adopted animals?

Posted 07-17-2019 02:46 PM

We currently use multiple excel spreadsheets to keep track of all of our resident and adoptable animals and it has become very messy. I'm wondering if there are any good databases that could be used for this purpose.

We mostly want to keep track of who is in our care and where (on site or in foster and with who), breed, description, intake date, days in our care, average days in our care, special health concerns, microchip number, pretty basic stuff. I'd like to be able to to easy transfer animals from "adoptable" to "adopted" or "deceased" etc and to pull data for reporting purposes.

Any suggestions?

#DataandTechnology

• 2.  RE: Database recommendations for resident, adoptable, and adopted animals?

Posted 07-17-2019 03:23 PM

Pet Point might be a good choice for you ! web based software that can track all the things you listed above.

#DataandTechnology

• 3.  RE: Database recommendations for resident, adoptable, and adopted animals?

Posted 07-18-2019 04:23 AM

We recently switched to Shelterluv, and it's working well for us. 

#DataandTechnology

• 4.  RE: Database recommendations for resident, adoptable, and adopted animals?

Posted 07-18-2019 05:57 AM

We also use Shelterluv.  Easy to use and will meet your needs.

#DataandTechnology

• 5.  RE: Database recommendations for resident, adoptable, and adopted animals?

Posted 07-20-2019 06:04 AM

I've used Pet Point, Companion Connect, and ShelterLuv. ShelterLuv is the easiest and most user friendly by far. Also really good customer service. The fees seem scary at first but the increase in donations really does make up for it.

#DataandTechnology

• 6.  RE: Database recommendations for resident, adoptable, and adopted animals?

Posted 07-18-2019 08:50 AM

We have used ShelterLuv for about a year, but for 3 years prior to that we used Microsoft Access.  It was great, totally customizable, and made much more sense than Excel spreadsheets.  It's old technology, but I use it for all four of my jobs... (we don't track our cats in it any more, but I still have to reference it!).

ShelterLuv costs around $4.00 for every adoption you do.  That's how you pay for it.   It's super expensive monthly, but we get donations through the mobile checkout process that will usually pay for the subscription fee's monthly.

RescueGroups.org is free and powerful, but I'm pretty techy and it was confusing for me.

#DataandTechnology

• 7.  RE: Database recommendations for resident, adoptable, and adopted animals?

Posted 07-19-2019 06:56 AM

ShelterLuv. Very user friendly. Great people to work with. Very responsive to questions/needs.

#DataandTechnology

• 8.  RE: Database recommendations for resident, adoptable, and adopted animals?

Posted 07-19-2019 12:43 PM

@cruark Here are a few links to main pages/pricing screens:
    Animal Shelter ManagerPetPointShelterluv or Shelter Buddy 

#DataandTechnology

• 9.  RE: Database recommendations for resident, adoptable, and adopted animals?

Posted 07-19-2019 01:04 PM

I didn't see any links in your answer. I would be interested in them as well.

Sorry, I see them now. Thanks!

#DataandTechnology

• 10.  RE: Database recommendations for resident, adoptable, and adopted animals?

Posted 07-19-2019 07:06 PM

We use RescueGropus.org but nowhere near to its capabilities.  I have just learned about the potential of AirTable.com, however, and love what I have seen!

#DataandTechnology

• 11.  RE: Database recommendations for resident, adoptable, and adopted animals?

Posted 08-08-2019 06:55 AM

• 12.  RE: Database recommendations for resident, adoptable, and adopted animals?

Posted 08-12-2019 05:52 AM

ShelterLuv, PetPoint and most other shelter programs have costs associated.  I would use Microsoft Access if I were you.  Pretty basic program, minimal investment (Microsoft Office suiet) and a LOT of functionality.  You could likely find an IT person who could help you set it up.

#DataandTechnology

• 13.  RE: Database recommendations for resident, adoptable, and adopted animals?

Posted 08-21-2019 02:37 PM

ShelterLuv!

#DataandTechnology

• 14.  RE: Database recommendations for resident, adoptable, and adopted animals?

Posted 08-02-2021 02:13 PM
    Hello from Elena at Shelterluv!
    We came across this thread and are excited to provide updated pricing for anyone who comes here in the future. As of this message in 2021, you can get Shelterluv for free! I will add a link so that it's always current!

Questions? Email us at help@shelterluv.com

Thank you for everything you do for your communities of animals and people!

------------------------------
    elena battles
    ------------------------------