Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  New Shelter Animals Count Data Publish

Posted 06-27-2019 04:30 PM

Check out the latest data publish from Shelter Animals Count featuring data from 2011 - Q1 2019. For those of you who participate in Shelter Animals Count, thank you for your data contributions! https://www.shelteranimalscount.org/data/Explore-the-Data

#shelterdata
    #DataandTechnology
    #usingdata
    #data

• 2.  RE: New Shelter Animals Count Data Publish

Posted 06-28-2019 04:20 AM

So very exciting Sara- please let me know if you want to do a special podcast about this!

#DataandTechnology

• 3.  RE: New Shelter Animals Count Data Publish

Posted 06-28-2019 11:19 AM

Yes! I will reach out soon. We are publishing data quarterly now, so there is lots to talk about! Thanks, Stacy!

#DataandTechnology

• 4.  RE: New Shelter Animals Count Data Publish

Posted 06-28-2019 10:35 AM

Sara--

Are there any plans to include (additional) large municipal shelters in the dataset? I've been told that's a large missing piece of your data. Thank you.

Best,

Michael Suttles

#DataandTechnology

• 5.  RE: New Shelter Animals Count Data Publish

Posted 06-28-2019 11:19 AM

Hi Michael,

Shelter Animals Count is a self-reported database, so shelters can join at anytime and start sharing their data. New shelters join the database every day. In the Q1 2019 dataset, 28% of data is from government shelters or organizations with contracts, an increase over previous years. Thanks!

#DataandTechnology

• 6.  RE: New Shelter Animals Count Data Publish

Posted 07-05-2019 10:35 AM

Thanks. The person I spoke to was concerned that SAC does not include most major municipal shelters, so that information has to be FOIAed. I hope you're able to obtain it in the future!

#DataandTechnology