Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Seeking (4) high-volume organizations who utilize PetPoint

Posted 05-08-2018 01:41 PM

Greetings! My name is Mark Walker, I am an Operations Manager with Providence Animal Center(FKA Delaware County SPCA) located in Media PA. We're working on making our intake exam & medical uploading processes more efficient. We're looking for 4(+/-) organizations who would be willing to answer a few questions over the phone to help us get started on the right foot. The only requirement is that you 1. Use PetPoint as your adoption database, and 2. That you have a system in place to "examine" an animal and your admissions/intake/lifesaving staff enter/upload that exam and any relevant current medical information(tests, treatments, vaccination tabs in PetPoint) into PetPoint immediately.

Thank you for listening! 

#DataandTechnology

• 2.  RE: Seeking (4) high-volume organizations who utilize PetPoint

Posted 05-14-2018 03:50 AM

Hey, did you find answers to your questions? We use Petpoint and intake about 6,000 animals annually. We record all vaccines, etc immediately. Happy to talk anytime!

#DataandTechnology

• 3.  RE: Seeking (4) high-volume organizations who utilize PetPoint

Posted 05-15-2018 07:15 AM

Hi, 

We recently switched from Pet Point but used it for many years at Austin Pets Alive. Intake of about 8,000 at the time. I'm happy to help!

#DataandTechnology

• 4.  RE: Seeking (4) high-volume organizations who utilize PetPoint

Posted 07-24-2018 11:34 AM

Jordana,

Which system did y'all switch to and are you happy with the switch?

Thanks!

#DataandTechnology

• 5.  RE: Seeking (4) high-volume organizations who utilize PetPoint

Posted 08-19-2018 10:18 AM

I'd like to know what you switched to, as well, since PetPoint is typing its marketing opt in to it's microchip found pet function.

#DataandTechnology

• 6.  RE: Seeking (4) high-volume organizations who utilize PetPoint

Posted 08-19-2018 10:16 AM

Although not directly related to your question, if you are considering PetPoint for software, be aware of this:

Recently I've learned of what I consider an unethical practice on the part of PetPoint.  If an adopter Opts Out of marketing materials, this also means that the animals microchip will be in the PetPoint Database, but the adopter WILL NOT BE CONTACTED if their pet is found.  

"What if a pet owner does not consent to contact?

- Pethealth Inc. and/or its family of companies will not contact the pet owner.

This means the pet owner will not receive enrollment information via email regarding the Gift of Pet Insurance or Lost Pet Services."

When I've inquired, the response I ultimately received is this is to comply with anti-spam legislation (CAN-SPAM).  This legislation is to restrict marketing to those who Opt In.  It does NOT restrict the registration of microchips, nor the ability of the microchip company to reach out to the adopter.

I feel this is highly unethical - there is little meaning to microchip a pet, then not have the ability to reach out to the owner.   How heartbreaking to know that a rescue chipped your pet, and the pet is lost.  Someone else finds the pet and scans it, but you will never know.

#DataandTechnology