Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Training Material/Structure for Foster Staff

Posted 06-19-2019 04:47 PM

Hello! I’m the Foster Manager at a shelter in Chicago and am in the process of hiring an assistant.  Does anyone has a training structure that you utilize at your organization to train/onboard foster staff, or staff in general? Most of my existing materials are for training foster volunteers, but I’m looking to improve our internal training processes and could use some input/guidance.  I have SO many amazing resources that I can utilize, but since our jobs require us to wear many hats and be knowledgeable in many arenas, I'm having trouble discerning and prioritizing processes and knowledge areas. Thanks in advance!

#stafftraining
    #PeopleManagement
    #onboarding
    #fosterprogram

• 2.  RE: Training Material/Structure for Foster Staff

Posted 06-19-2019 05:52 PM

• 3.  RE: Training Material/Structure for Foster Staff

Posted 06-20-2019 05:57 AM

Hi there. What do you do to help foster remain engaged when they are not currently fostering? Very interested in learning more about that as sometimes our fosters lose interested when it is not a high foster time.

#PeopleManagement

• 4.  RE: Training Material/Structure for Foster Staff

Posted 06-20-2019 01:01 PM

I have some job descriptions and stuff from organizations around the country in this Box folder: https://maddiesfund.box.com/s/xrz4nsl47a3sd6wh10huqftxj7hca84t

#PeopleManagement