Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Pet Insurance Recommendations?

Posted 09-15-2018 05:57 PM

Hello,

Does anyone have a pet insurance that they would recommend to others? I've been researching some, and there are so many options and price ranges, along with reviews all over the board. Does anyone have one they have been pleased with?

#petinsurance
    #recommendation
    #General

• 2.  RE: Pet Insurance Recommendations?

Posted 09-17-2018 11:15 AM

I've used VPI (Veterinary Pet Insurance through Nationwide) for my mixed staffy for the last 10ish years I've had her. It definitely came in handy when unexpended emergencies happened like the time she ate a bag of chocolate covered coffee beans and needed her stomach pumped. It also reimburses me for some of the usual expenses each year like a wellness exam and flea preventative. But other things like getting some cracked teeth out, I didn't see a favorable payout.

Also, I've had it since she was a pup so there were no pre-existing conditions I had to worry about whether or not they covered it. If you're looking for an older dog, be sure to review the benefit schedule and what is/isn't covered. Since I've had it for so long, I haven't looked at what else is out there -- are there any companies you're looking at that are catching your attention?

#General

• 3.  RE: Pet Insurance Recommendations?

Posted 10-07-2021 01:19 PM
    My recommendation is to do the research on the internet, petinsurancereview.com.
    Before buying a plan, make sure everything's spelled out for you including copayments and coinsurance rates as well as what they may or may not cover.
    The average annual cost of veterinary care now exceeds $700 per year so this expense deserves careful consideration.

------------------------------
    Humberto Costa
    Without organization
    ------------------------------