Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Support Your Mission through Humane Education - Join Our Free Network

Posted 10-02-2019 11:52 AM

We know that animal protection staff and volunteers work tirelessly to decrease animal abuse and neglect, increase animal adoptions, reduce animal companion homelessness, and promote compassion for animals. One way you can enhance your rescue work and achieve these goals is by including high-quality humane education programs for the youth in your community. 

Not sure where to start to develop a humane education program? We are here to help. Consider joining The HEART Network, a free network developed specifically for animal shelters and animal protection organizations to assist them in starting or expanding their humane education program.

HEART is an award-winning humane education organization, with educators around the country who develop curriculum, teach in schools, and provide professional development for educators of all kinds. Our mission is to develop a generation of compassionate youth who create positive changes for animals, people, and the natural world. Through our Network, we provide monthly bulletins with content specifically curated to meet your needs. Each month’s bulletin contains resources such as: activities, lessons, videos, book recommendations, blogs, and more for members to use in any way that best fits their own needs and the needs of their community. In other words, you can get all these amazing free resources and create the program of your dreams! 

We can’t expect people to know about animal welfare issues, and how to be responsible animal guardians if we do not expose them to these issues, and provide them with effective educational programs that encourages them to think critically about their relationship with animals and fosters empathy and care. Humane education can help to deter some of the animal welfare issues you see everyday, before they start. 

Visit HEART's website at www.teachheart.org/network to learn more and join today. It is FREE and it only takes about five minutes to sign up. And after you sign up, you can request to be added to our private group here on Maddie's Pet Forum just for Network members!

#resources
    #EducationandTraining
    #humaneeducation

• 2.  RE: Support Your Mission through Humane Education - Join Our Free Network

Posted 10-02-2019 04:08 PM

We Partner with Lucky Dog Humane Education on SoCal- they're amazing! By partnering with nonprofits like us they are expanding their network of schools and ability to teach more children about humane care of animals!

#EducationandTraining

• 3.  RE: Support Your Mission through Humane Education - Join Our Free Network

Posted 10-10-2019 12:24 PM

Hi Emily! Have you had a chance to sign up for the Network? I don't think I saw you in there. We'd love to have you! https://teachheart.org/network/ 

#EducationandTraining

• 4.  RE: Support Your Mission through Humane Education - Join Our Free Network

Posted 10-03-2019 10:18 AM

Hello! I work for Luvin Arms Animal Sanctuary which is a safe heaven for farmed animals. I am the education and outreach coordinator there and I am looking for resources on how to start a camp and/or provide more humane education programs for youth at the sanctuary.  One of my old teachers from The Institute of Humane Education suggest looking into HEART so here I am :).  

#EducationandTraining

• 5.  RE: Support Your Mission through Humane Education - Join Our Free Network

Posted 10-10-2019 12:23 PM

Hi Alexis! We're so glad to have you in the Network! I recently relocated to CO, so am going to visit Luvin Arms soon! :) 

#EducationandTraining