Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Pilots n Paws

Posted 03-29-2019 01:57 PM

I work in animal sheltering, but also volunteer with Pilots N Paws.   Pilots N Paws would like to be able to partner with different shelters in disaster situations.  They are willing to donate their flying services to help move adoptable pets out of  shelters that may need to make room for incoming animals affected by the disaster.   In order to do this, Pilots N Paws would like to start making connections between shelters willing to send and shelters willing to receive.  If this is of interest to you, please reach out to me.  ** Note - Pilots N Paws will  not be relocating animals affected by the disaster.  They only want to help free up the kennel space. 

#DisasterReliefInfo

• 2.  RE: Pilots n Paws

Posted 06-27-2019 10:38 AM

Hi Lisa,

Just catching up on reading and saw your post. What states do you work in? Here in Charleston, SC, we clear the shelters ahead of storms and work throughout the state and region. Charleston Animal Society is named as the only animal welfare organization in the state's emergency disaster plan or ESF 17.

I don't want to tempt fate by mentioning this but we've been impacted by storms for the past 4 years in a row so if your organization serves in SC, let me know. 

#DisasterReliefInfo

• 3.  RE: Pilots n Paws

Posted 06-28-2019 08:15 AM

Lisa Bragg,

I was wondering if you might be a distant relative, my name is Tamara Bragg.

I also love animals, and am a Dog Advocate. 

You can contact me at:

DogMomForever (at) Outlook.com

Tamara Bragg😊🐾❤ 

#DisasterReliefInfo