Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Who's going to the Animal Care Expo 2019 in New Orleans? What are you looking forward to most?

Posted 02-19-2019 07:24 AM

Curious to know who is planning on attending.  What are you looking forward to learning this year?

Will Maddie's Fund be as large a player as they were last year?  It was great to see all the folks from Maddie's in the exhibit hall and elsewhere.

Any off-the-clock plans?

I have never been to New Orleans and am pretty excited about it.

This will be my third Animal Care Expo.  For the first time I'm looking to attend one of the Learning Labs--the  "Coping with kittens: #AllTheCats kitten summit" .

I'm kind of a shy person and tend to be insular but I'd love to try to reach out and do some actual networking this year!  Let me know.

#AnimalCareExpo2019
    #Conferences,WorkshopsandSeminars
    #HSUS

• 2.  RE: Who's going to the Animal Care Expo 2019 in New Orleans? What are you looking forward to most?

Posted 02-19-2019 04:06 PM

Yes, our entire Maddie's Fund team will be there again this year. Come and find us in the exhibit hall. You can't miss us! And we'll be hosting our interactive Foster Feud session again this year (on Tuesday). If you missed it last year, hope you can make it this year! It's a lot of fun!

New Orleans is a city like no other. If you can come a day early or stay a day or two later to explore, I'd highly recommend it! 

• 3.  RE: Who's going to the Animal Care Expo 2019 in New Orleans? What are you looking forward to most?

Posted 02-20-2019 12:28 PM

I am trying to go and hoping I can!  I went last year for the first time as it was in my city and I didn't have to travel.  I enjoyed it so much and am really hoping that I can make it again this year!

• 4.  RE: Who's going to the Animal Care Expo 2019 in New Orleans? What are you looking forward to most?

Posted 02-26-2019 11:55 AM

Sarah, we're offering $25 off registration if you haven't bought your ticket yet:  https://chewonthis.maddiesfund.org/2019/02/let-the-good-times-roll-at-hsus-animal-care-expo-in-new-orleans/ 

Hope you can make it!

• 5.  RE: Who's going to the Animal Care Expo 2019 in New Orleans? What are you looking forward to most?

Posted 02-26-2019 12:13 PM

Thank you very much!! 

• 6.  RE: Who's going to the Animal Care Expo 2019 in New Orleans? What are you looking forward to most?

Posted 03-03-2019 09:15 AM

So Kim (my partner in rescue and in other stuff) and I made our plans.  Registered for the conference (we had been waiting to hear about a scholarship), bought plane tickets, were unhappy to find that all the close-by hotels were full up already, lol we're lazy about walking to the conference center.  But yes, hotel was booked.  Hotels are SOO expensive, easily the most expensive part of the Expo.

We do have an extra day (Friday) for wandering the city though.

Anybody else going? bump.