Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only

Announcing the Veterinary Mental Health, Support, and Resiliency Group

• 1.  Announcing the Veterinary Mental Health, Support, and Resiliency Group

Posted 01-06-2021 01:13 PM
      |   view attached
    I am writing to share the launch of a vital and innovative nonprofit mental health care initiative for veterinarians in 2021.

The Veterinary Mental Health, Support, and Resiliency Group provides a confidential, empathetic, and supportive space to understand how fellow veterinarians are persisting through challenges. We emphasize processing stress and grief, learning effective coping skills, implementing a healthier work-life balance, and renewing a love for veterinary medicine. Our small virtual groups address participants' individual concerns in the context of a shared experience that helps to foster well-being and resilience in this career.

This is the first group of its kind in the United States. We recently received a $100,000 gift from a generous mental health advocate (who wishes to remain anonymous) to start the program in honor of the veterinarians who have cared for her companion animals. These services are entirely free for veterinarians, and the program is part of the beloved nonprofit Pets Are Wonderful Support (PAWS).

I would be grateful if you would share the information about this group with any colleagues who might benefit from the support. More details can be found at shanti.org/veterinarysupport and I have also attached a group flier. Please of course let me know if you have any questions. 

Warmly,
    Katie Lawlor, Psy.D. 
    KLawlor@shanti.org

#EducationandTraining

------------------------------
    Katie Lawlor
    The Veterinary Mental Health, Support, and Resiliency Group
    ------------------------------