Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  The Rise of Pet Fostering: A 200-Year History

Posted 08-26-2021 05:19 PM

Check out this amazing podcast by Foster Dogs Inc -  https://www.fosterdogsnyc.com/podcast/episodes/004

Have you noticed an explosion in the popularity of fostering within the last few years? In this episode, we travel back about 200 years to understand the history behind animal shelters and the animal welfare movement. We'll get a grasp on where we've been to better understand the rise of fostering and its importance in animal services.

Learn from foster experts Kristen Hassen, Kelly Duer, and Sarah Brasky about how you can help save more lives and be part of the most exciting revolution in animal welfare history.

FEATURING CONVERSATIONS WITH…

Kristen Hassen – @fernandotter

Sarah Brasky – @thedogmatchmaker

Kelly Duer – @kellyduer

#FosterPrograms

------------------------------
    Bobby Mann

• 2.  RE: The Rise of Pet Fostering: A 200-Year History

Posted 08-27-2021 09:54 AM
    Thank you @Bobby Mann and Hello everyone! ​​​I am the creator, producer, and host of Why We Foster. We just wrapped up production on the first season and released another fantastic episode this week: Fostering the Foster Movement, which is all about how to get involved when you can't foster pets. We're even ranking in the Top 100 of the Pets & Animals category on Apple Podcasts right now! Please check out the show and let us know what you think.

I'm really hoping to reach beyond the rescue community with this podcast, so please subscribe/follow, share with some friends, and leave a rating/review if you can. Every little bit of engagement (especially right now) helps us climb the podcast charts and reach new audiences!

Also, I am now looking for sponsors/partners/mentors who can help me sustain this show far into the future. Foster Dogs Inc. has generously supported the launch of the show and an amazing first season over the last 15 months. However, FDI is going through some organizational changes and they won't be able to support the show for another season. Our tiny volunteer production team set the bar really high with the first season and I know I can't continue as a team of one. I'll be taking a break from interviews/production and probably won't be able to release any new episodes until I figure out the next "evolution" of the podcast. If you have any ideas or want to get involved, please contact me ASAP!

Thank you all :)

Stacey Axelrod
    Why We Foster Podcast/Foster Dogs Inc./NYC Pet Photographer