The Social Corner

• 1.  Run the Dishwasher Twice

Posted 03-26-2021 01:34 PM
      |   view attached
    Hi All,

Happy Friday!!

I saw this posted sometime ago on some sort of social media or another.  I thought enough of it to copy and paste it into a document.  I think it is worth the read.  Especially if, like me, you have friends or family who struggle at times.

Have a great weekend, and Thanks to Mary for starting up this Social Corner (although I believe it had a different moniker initially) and of course #ThanksToMaddie for hosting this forum, which allows us all to have this safe space.

Kathy​

------------------------------
    Kathy Duncan
    City of Brampton Animal Services
    905 874 3564

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: Run the Dishwasher Twice

Posted 03-26-2021 01:46 PM
    I also saved it, Kathy! Such a great reminder to not put arbitrary rules on ourselves. Hope you have a great weekend!

Shelly Thompson
    Maddie's Fund

• 3.  RE: Run the Dishwasher Twice

Posted 03-27-2021 07:24 AM

Kathy - great share!   I kinda like the idea of taking a shower lying down.

alison gibson

• 4.  RE: Run the Dishwasher Twice

Posted 03-27-2021 01:31 PM
    Great Scott!! Who would have known, you can actually run it twice.  What a nice thing to remember when we hem ourselves in with arbitrary rules.  Thanks for sharing:)

ingrid norris

• 5.  RE: Run the Dishwasher Twice

Posted 04-05-2021 11:38 AM
    Kathy! I needed that. I appreciate you sharing this and can't wait to pass it on to the next person who needs to read it. We hold ourselves to these unreasonable expectations and it's great to get a reminder like this that tells you to stop punishing yourself. If only we could be as kind to ourselves as we are to others.

Sarah Chiles

• 6.  RE: Run the Dishwasher Twice

Posted 04-05-2021 04:11 PM
    Oh Sarah - I totally hear you on that.  I read it and had a complete epiphany!  And I have shared it with my team (more than once) and with some friends who struggle daily with anxiety and depression.  It is definitely sage advice!!  And the great thing is that once you've shared it with someone, all you have to say is "Run the Dishwasher Twice" if they are having challenges - then we ALL get it!!!

Reach out if ever you need a listening ear - I am here and I will always be here!

Kathy

Please review the City of Brampton e-mail disclaimer statement at: http://www.brampton.ca/EN/Online-Services/Pages/Privacy-Statement.aspx

• 7.  RE: Run the Dishwasher Twice

Posted 08-10-2021 09:48 AM
    I love this Kathy! I think I saw it circulate on social media a while ago as well. It is so thought-provoking and encouraging.

Sara Miller
    American Pets Alive!

• 8.  RE: Run the Dishwasher Twice

Posted 08-11-2021 07:57 AM

I just read this a few months ago for the first time and it made such an impact that I had to read it again a few times that same day. The idea that I could "run the dishwasher twice" completely bowled me over. I have since shared it on a few occasions. 

Kathy, thank you for reminding me of this powerful message!

Sarah Chiles