The Social Corner

• 1.  National Pig Appreciation Day

Posted 03-05-2021 08:30 AM
    In August 2019 I visited Best Friends Animal Society in Kanab, UT.  Traveling with my colleagues, Shelly Thompson and Sharon Fletcher, it was truly once in a lifetime experience.  I've been in animal welfare for decades and had heard about the sanctuary for as long as that but never considered making the trek to Southern Utah.  I had no idea what I was missing.  First of all, Southern Utah is some of the most beautiful land mass that I had ever encountered.  Always being a coastal girl, I couldn't imagine anything beyond the California borders.  Was I wrong!  Every part of the trip was an adventure worth experiencing. 

Today I'm sharing pictures of some of the pigs who make their home in Kanab.  Total characters and a joy to spend time with - even though I think Holly was trying to nudge me in the mud hole.....

------------------------------
    Mary Ippoliti-Smith
    Maddie's Fund
    510-453-4773

• 2.  RE: National Pig Appreciation Day

Posted 03-05-2021 03:15 PM
    Yay for Piggy Appreciation Day!! It's been almost a year since I met these lushes at an animal sanctuary in Brownsville, Oregon that I spent my birthday at 🐽

I hope to someday get to visit the Best Friends Animal Society in Utah!

Charlotte Otero
    Community Strategist at Maddie's Fund
    she/her

• 3.  RE: National Pig Appreciation Day

Posted 03-07-2021 07:42 AM
    Mary and Charlotte, you just made my day.  My heart is won over - Princess must share my affections now 🐷♥️🐷

alison gibson