2022 Open Arms Challenge

View Only
  • 1.  Huddle #7 Discussion & Recording - Marketing Partnerships in the Community

Posted 10-26-2021 04:26 PM
      |   view attached
    Thanks to our huddle presenters @Luis Quintanilla and @shannon mckenzie for sharing lots of great information about marketing partnerships they've made in their local communities.

If you missed the live huddle, you can watch the recording below or share with a friend for inspiration!

You'll also find a copy of the chat file attached to this discussion thread where our participants shared some their own creative ideas for marketing adoptable pets.

@Alison Gibson shared this picture of ways your organization or individuals can include pictures of adoptable pets for Halloween:

A pile of envelopes with pictures of adoptable cats from the Animal Rescue Foundation. Envelopes have candy inside to be given to trick or treaters.

What are some creative partnerships you've seen or have had success with? One of my favorites I saw in town was pictures of adoptable pets on the number placards at restaurants so you can learn more about the pets for adoption while waiting for your food to arrive:
    Table placards at a restaurant with pet profiles including pet picture, breed, age, weight and animal quirks.

I'm a fan of Luis's perspective of when community partners come to your organization of saying YES and then figuring out a creative way to work together. If you have a partner interested in working with you but you aren't sure how to tie them into a promotion, tell us about it and let us help you!
    ​​​

------------------------------
    Charlotte Otero
    Community Strategist at Maddie's Fund
    she/her

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: Huddle #7 Discussion & Recording - Marketing Partnerships in the Community

Posted 10-26-2021 04:36 PM
    This question was asked by @Lisa Saunders in the chat at the end of the call so we didn't get a chance to answer it. @Luis Quintanilla @shannon mckenzie and anyone else, please share your thoughts!

"We are a small rescue and most of our pups don't do well at an adoption event because we take the more challenging cases. Any ideas for events or businesses that might work for those guys?" ​​​

wendy frink
    Maddie's Fund

• 3.  RE: Huddle #7 Discussion & Recording - Marketing Partnerships in the Community

Posted 10-26-2021 05:05 PM
    Thanks for including those fun examples @Charlotte Otero (she/her)!

A couple of other unanswered questions in the chat were:

1) Request to share any pitches that people have used to start building partnerships, and
    2) If folks start with a call or email?

I don't know if this helps @Lisa Saunders with any ideas for when adoption events are not options, but maybe just partnering with small and/or local businesses that could help promote or fundraise. I wish I could remember who recently mentioned in a talk or webinar of looking at one's shelter or rescue as a community-based organization (CBO). Perhaps partnering with other CBO's (e.g., credit unions, thrift/resale stores) could make great relationships.

Also, I recall once seeing an organization reach out to their local Chamber of Commerce, so there's the possibility of working with them and several local businesses all at once!

Irene Chansawang
    Maddie's Fund

• 4.  RE: Huddle #7 Discussion & Recording - Marketing Partnerships in the Community

Posted 10-28-2021 11:41 AM
    So enjoyed this, thank you to Luis and Shannon for sharing their work and perspectives! I loved the example that @Alison Gibson shared above and wanted to share that HeARTs Speak has some Halloween candy templates to put adoptables or just some info about your organization on treats that are given out. Customize them completely and then download them here: https://heartsspeak.org/halloween-candy-card-template/

Caitlin Quinn
    HeARTs Speak