Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

RE: Cat's new bahavior

I would ask if they have other cats/animals in the home, how many litterboxes they have (# cats + 1 extra), how often they are cleaning the litterbox, if they switched litter types recently, if the litter is scented or unscented, if the cat is fixed, where the litterboxes are in the home and if they ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Castrations

Thanks so much for your response. I would hope that vets would want to make better use of their time, rather than do the castrations. They could do procedures that cost more. And I whole heartedly agree about the burgeoning specialty practices, so often being run by corporations that wildly inflate ... See More

• Profile Picture

Cat's new bahavior

Does anyone have any thoughts about a cat that has started to urinate and defecate on laundry? The only thing that we know is the cat's owner is pregnant at 34 weeks. Will that cause this type of behavior? And if so, what do you do? #Behavior,TrainingandEnrichment ------------------------------ ... See More

• Right before the meeting ended, there was a question posted in the Q/A box that we didn't get to: Do you think you could apply something like this in a veterinary clinic that does day boarding where the population of dogs changes even over the course of the same day? Jamirelis and Dr. Bennett answered: ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: U Transport Uber for Business

Thank you so much for the detailed info ! ------------------------------ Stella Plit President Rescue City NY ------------------------------ See More

• This is a fantastic thread! thank you for asking - just here to learn more :) ------------------------------ Stella Plit President Rescue City NY ------------------------------ See More

• Profile Picture

RE: TNR programs

My rescue is located in South Padre Island, Texas, and faces an overwhelming feral animal problem, largely due to pet abandonment and the area's low-income status. Often, people acquire pets without the means to afford spaying or neutering, or they lack education on its importance, leading to the abandonment ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Thoughts and Questions

I'll give you an oddball answer! When I worked in animal control, I was sent to a comic convention to inspect a reptile show. Of course, you're not a performing artist and would probably have to pay your way in, but consider if there are other local events drawing folks who might also be interested in ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Thoughts and Questions

Suzanne, I personally love reptiles and we rescue them as well. I would say reach out to Petsmart. It's all about giving the animals the best chance at finding a forever home and I think the retailers understand that. Do you have any small family owned pet stores near you? We partner with three family ... See More

Latest Library Entries

Most Active Members