One Health

View Only

Latest Discussions

• Thank you for sharing the CDC source. I have wondered about the spread of COVID-19 between pets and their families, and the data we may see a few years down the line. Although animals can carry COVID-19, spread to humans is low, according to the CDC. On extremely rare occasions, animals can come down ... See More

• What a dynamic group! I am the Northern Nevada Director of Community Engagement (DCE) for AlignCare Health. The non-profit was born out of PPHE's amazing work to aid in addressing the One Health Community. Having boots on the ground to immediately address the community's needs is key. Keeping family's ... See More

• One of the issues I have been following is the migration of mosquitos into Nevada. The Southern Nevada Health District has seen a surge in mosquitoes and is emphasizing the importance of heartworm prevention for pets. They are also seeing in increase in the number of mosquitos testing positive for West ... See More

• What an excellent opportunity to join the One Health community and serve persons and pets alike! I am Andy Bostick, and I am excited to promote equitable access to veterinary care for Knoxville's bonded families as the area's Director of Community Engagement. I find great satisfaction in knowing ... See More

• Profile Picture

Healthy Pets, Healthy People

More than half of all infections that people can get can be spread by animals. Diseases like rabies, Salmonella, and West Nile virus infections are examples of zoonotic diseases (or zoonoses)-diseases that can be shared between animals and people. https://www.cdc.gov/healthy-pets/index.html What ... See More

• I am very impressed with this forum and recognize the hard work that has gone into a successful launch. I am Linda Daugherty, Associate Director of Research for the Program for Pet Health Equity at the University of Tennessee. I am interested in learning more about the strategies animal welfare professionals ... See More

• VSWs are vital in our world Kayla! Thank you for all you do each and every day. ------------------------------ T' Fisher, Director of Operations Program for Pet Health Equity ------------------------------ See More

• This is so amazing! I am Candice Hinkle, the Assistant Director for the Program for Pet Health Equity. My day job is contracts, finance, and budget management, but I also have a passion for research that examines the impact pets have on families and communities. ------------------------------ Candice ... See More

• Thrilled to be here! As the Veterinary Social Worker for the Program for Pet Health Equity, I act as a liaison between animal welfare professionals and the bonded families they serve. This role includes providing grief and loss support for bonded families in anticipation of or after the death of a non-human ... See More

Latest Library Entries

Announcements

Most Active Members