Passionate about reducing the overpopulation of dogs and cats?
Passionate about the human-animal bond? Care about pet's health and wellness?
Are you positive under pressure? Is work-life balance important?
The Beesley Animal Clinic (BAC) a nonprofit clinic in MURFREESBORO, TN is seeking a passionate veterinarian to lead our team and support our mission of offering high-quality, affordable spay/neuter and wellness care (vaccinations and basic veterinary care) to dogs and cats in Middle Tennessee. This is a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that is committed to animal welfare in our community with a focus on reducing pet overpopulation and keeping animals healthy and in their homes. If you share our passion of helping the animals who need us most, this is the place to be! Our philosophy is “Kindness, Respect and Responsibility”.
We try to bridge the gap for pet owners that need help the most including low-income residents and those facing homelessness by providing access to preventative vet care to ensure the health and welfare of all pets. BAC opened in 1992 and is operated by Beesley Animal Foundation which since 1980 has provided support and education to the community in promoting responsible pet ownership and stopping pet overpopulation. In 2021, BAC performed over 2,800 spay/neuter surgeries and served over 8,000 pets.
One of the biggest benefits to joining our team is the clinic hours and we do not see sick or injured animals. Our clinic is open Monday – Thursday, allowing for evenings and weekends off. This is an opportunity to enjoy meaningful work in animal welfare while also maintaining the necessary work-life balance to make time for family, rest, and the pursuit of other passions.
We welcome any Veterinarian who would like to give back to the community and is interested in providing leadership and vision for our organization in continuing to provide high-quality affordable vet care. If you truly love helping people and the community, and believe in the human-animal bond, you will love this job!
- Responsible for daily care of all surgical patients, ensuring all clinic staff members are adhering to proper pre-, peri- and post-operative care of patients. Perform surgical sterilizations, following established guidelines for high quality, high-volume procedures. Provide thorough and compassionate examination and treatments for wellness and vaccination clinic patients. Educate clients on importance of sterilization and preventative wellness practices. Responsible for training participants in all aspects of patient care and efficient/safe clinic practices, maintaining a professional and friendly manner at all times. Collaborate with colleague veterinarian to provide medical oversight of the clinic program, including evaluation of medical, surgical and disease control protocols.
- Degree in Veterinary Medicine from an accredited university of Veterinary Medicine
- License to practice as a veterinarian in the state of Tennessee
- Drug Enforcement Agency controlled substance registration
- Must possess and maintain independent insurance and provide proof to BAC
- Experience in shelter medicine and the ability to perform a high volume of spay/neuter services or the willingness to participate in associated training to elevate surgical skills (approximate surgical load: 55-75 sterilization surgeries per week)
- Effectively “team lead,” displaying a positive attitude and acting as a motivating force for all staff members.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must show compassion and respect towards both people and animals
- Communicate effectively and professionally to clients and entire clinic staff
- Must be able and willing to consciously choose positivity and optimism when faced with challenges in the workplace
This is a full-time salaried position with most weeks running Mon-Thur, some Fridays or Saturdays may be needed. Ability to qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness through our 501(c)3 status.
If interested in this position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Compensation package is based on experience and mentorship is available for interested new graduates. Must be willing and able to relocate to Murfreesboro, TN or surrounding area.
Beesley Animal Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
We are extra excited if you are that person that:
- Is passionate in helping people and their pets and the homeless animals.
- Is excited to learn new things, teach others and enjoys being part of a team.
- Is looking for a “FUR”ever home with likeminded, compassionate people.