Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only

Measuring & Minimizing Sound in Shelters to Improve Cat Welfare presentation slides - Univ. of BC Animal Welfare Program 

12-02-2022 10:26 AM

This is a PDF of the presentation slides from a great session I attended during the ASPCA-AAWA Research Forum in November 2021 called "Measuring & Minimizing Sound in Shelters to Improve Cat Welfare". The presenter was Bailey Eagan from the University of British Columbia Animal Welfare Program. This presentation was SO good and included a lot of actionable items to help reduce stress for all the animals in your care (and people too). I highly recommend it! The presentation touched on sources of noise like dishes, doors, cabinets, human voices, and cage reverberations and included ways to mitigate them.  A lot of the recommendations can help both cats and dogs.

The session is available to watch for free at ASPCAOnline (Again, I highly recommend!).  Here's how:

Attached is a PDF of the presentation but I recommend watching the session as there were so many gems and aha moments. 
#Behavior,TrainingandEnrichment
#Conferences,WorkshopsandWebcasts
#OrganizationalManagement

Statistics
1 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
9 Downloads
Attachment(s)
pdf file
Measuring and Minimizing Sound_ASPCA.pdf   20.81 MB   1 version
Uploaded - 12-02-2022