Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Our sleepover pilot begins this week!

Posted 05-02-2019 12:58 PM

I wanted throw a thank you out there to Sheila, Kristen, Kristi, Sarah, Kelly and anyone else I met at the HSUS conference.

I learnt so much and brought it back to my shelter to put my 30/90 day plans into action.

We're almost at the 30 day mark and we made it!

As of today our sleepover pilot is live. 

Using so many of the provided resources and advice, myself and a determined staff member built a waiver, a Google forms application, a "what to expect guide" sleepover packs and post sleepover surveys. It will run with select volunteers over the next few weeks then we will take the data and turn this into a full program.

90 plan is to have a full sleepover field trip foster program ready to deploy 

Could not have done this without your help.

Thank you. 

#FosteringaPet
    #anxiety
    #fostercare
    #nerves
    #sleepover

• 2.  RE: Our sleepover pilot begins this week!

Posted 05-02-2019 01:22 PM

This is so exciting! Congrats, Orphans of the Storm!!

@Sheila DVM @Kelly Duer @KristenAuerbach @Kristi B. at Cat Adoption Team @SAguilar

#FosteringaPet

• 3.  RE: Our sleepover pilot begins this week!

Posted 05-02-2019 01:46 PM

Congratulations! We always love hearing when people get back home and put stuff into action! Keep sharing and inspiring all of us.

Kristi

#FosteringaPet

• 4.  RE: Our sleepover pilot begins this week!

Posted 05-02-2019 02:21 PM

So exciting! Please keep us updated on how it goes - we'd love to feature your story on our Maddie's Fund Chew On This Blog! 

#FosteringaPet

• 5.  RE: Our sleepover pilot begins this week!

Posted 05-03-2019 05:31 AM

Such great news. Thank you for sharing. Can't wait to hear more about how it goes. 

#FosteringaPet

• 6.  RE: Our sleepover pilot begins this week!

Posted 05-03-2019 07:42 AM

Would love it if you could share your resources. We tried to start something like this last summer, but it fizzled since we are so small and have no one to really work on it.

#FosteringaPet

• 7.  RE: Our sleepover pilot begins this week!

Posted 05-03-2019 08:28 AM

All of the information and resources you need are in the free Maddie's online apprenticeship on Field Trips and Sleepovers. Go to https://www.maddiesuniversity.org/ and register. In the catalog, you'll find the apprenticeship under Maddie's Apprenticeships/Online Apprenticeships. You'll find agreements, manuals, best practices...everything you need. The online apprenticeship is authored by Kelly Duer, who helps shelters and rescues implement these programs and runs the onsite apprenticeship. 

#FosteringaPet

• 8.  RE: Our sleepover pilot begins this week!

Posted 05-04-2019 04:41 AM

Thank you!

#FosteringaPet

• 9.  RE: Our sleepover pilot begins this week!

Posted 05-03-2019 03:31 PM

Thx for the feedback and update! We started a Foster is the Future group here in the forum, and it looks like people are slowly finding their way to us. So excited that you have a sleepover program up and running!!! Any sleepovers yet? Are you starting with a publicized event?

#FosteringaPet

• 10.  RE: Our sleepover pilot begins this week!

Posted 05-31-2019 09:40 AM

Oh my gosh, this is wonderful!! Fantastic job. I'd love to see pictures if you have some!

#FosteringaPet