Updated 2/11 at 2pm: Recording now available!
Sharing the agenda for Maddie's Friday Animal Welfare Leadership Roundup (LINK TO REGISTER)
Resource of the Week: Role of the Facility Toolkit - Caty Townsend, Animal Arts
Session One: Is the Coronavirus in Your Backyard? White-tailed deer could become a reservoir for the virus, putting people and animals at risk, health experts say. Veterinary infection control expert Dr. Scott Weese will be joining us to lead this discussion.
Session Two: PASS (Positive Alternatives to Shelter Surrender) supports hundreds of community members each month by helping them understand their options, find resources, and obtain urgent help so they can get through tough times without reaching the last resort: Surrendering their pets. @Lucy Fernandez, PASS Program Coordinator, Austin Pets Alive! will dive into the different components of this program and talk about what drives success.Quick Reminder: You can also watch previous recordings and continue the conversation at Maddie's Pet Forum!
Bobby MannMaddie's® Human Animal Support Services Pilot Directorbobby.email@example.com
You can save lives in a variety of ways. Visit our brands.
Thanks to the 281 attendees who joined us this morning for the leadership roundup call. The recording is now available to watch on-demand. Don't forget to enter to win this month's grant giveaway after watching the recording on-demand or after attending the live call!Agenda
• Welcome - Bobby Mann, American Pets Alive! Bobby.firstname.lastname@example.org Kristen Hassen, American Pets Alive! Kristen.email@example.com
• In lieu of QOTD, today was Fun Accessory Day (watch the recording to see everyone's fun accessory)
• Emily Wood shared https://dissentpins.com/collections/jewelry/products/dissent-collar-drop-earrings and https://www.radicaldreams.net/collections/lapel-pins/products/maxine-waters-lapel-pin-reclaiming-my-time
We don't spend enough time understanding and experiencing failures. No one learns from their success. Failure gives you an opportunity to reassess and figure out what else you need to do. We need to go out there and do something, fail at it and feel good about failing. Celebrate the fact that we're not perfect and don't get it right 100% of the time! We all need to give ourselves and each other a break!
Don't forget: Maddie's Fund Monthly Giveaways! Enter here for a chance to win CA$H in a random drawing. You need to enter each month: https://www.maddiesfund.org/friday-community-conversations-feb22-giveaway.htm Open to all who are watching live or on-demand!
• Don't miss your chance to register for the FREE Big Dog Master Class on 3.29 + 3.30.22 (Tuesday and Wednesday) 10am PT to 5pm PT https://maddiesfund-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_uydm2Ka_RSye_dVgVJg4BwFull description with sessions and speakers https://maddiesmillionpetchallenge.org/big-dog-master-class/
• 2/16/22: Webinar: Lessons from the Last Three Years of Animal Sheltering Data 12:00 to 1:30 PM ET with Steve Zeidman, Dr. Julie Levy, Brent Toellner and Kristen Hassen. For the first time, we will present data specifically on bully breed dogs. Register: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/1092094743173376016
• Spencer Conover, NACA – Please help expand the NACA Image Library by emailing photos to Jerrica Owen: firstname.lastname@example.org
NACA Magazine: https://www.nacanet.org/animal-care-control-today-magazine/ Next issue is about next one is about Lost and Found
• Companions and Animals for Reform and Equity (CARE) Black History Month series https://chewonthis.maddiesfund.org/2022/01/care-black-history-month/
• Maddie's® Million Pet Challenge: Sara Pizano - Sunday the 14th is the first deadline for a pro bono shelter and access to care clinic consult. Apply at http://www.maddiesmillionpetchallenge.org/. To learn more about Maddie's Million Pet Challenge opportunities, here is the link to a 40 minute webcast : https://university.maddiesfund.org/products/maddies-million-pet-challenge-teaming-up-for-pets-and-people
• Julie Levy - International Cat Care's Working with unowned cats survey: The survey should take about ten minutes to complete. Answers are totally anonymous and you can opt in to enter a draw to win a £100 Amazon voucher. Survey link: https://forms.gle/6U1a95x9MSKRsvzt8
• Jamie Case - HASS Job Alikes: https://hass-net.americanpetsalive.org/job-alikes Customer Service and Volunteer Coordinators Job Alikes just opened up Become a HASS Partner: https://hass-net.americanpetsalive.org/partner-organizations
• Jon Dunn - The Best Friends national kitten foster campaign info and instructions on how to participate: https://network.bestfriends.org/join-us/events/national-kitten-foster-campaign
100th Best Friends Podcast: BF CEO Julie Castle talks about the need to reduce pay inequality and shares details around the new compensation initiative Best Friends recently rolled out: https://network.bestfriends.org/proven-strategies/best-friends-podcast/best-friends-podcast-ep-100
• Lindsay Hamrick –Trauma-Informed Care in Animal Welfare – two part webinar on 3/15/22, 11:30 am-3 pm ET
• Nancy McKenney - Resiliency Training for Animal Responders free, virtual training this weekend titled, (registration closes Saturday, 2/12): https://www.resiliency1st.org/event/animalresponder21322/
• Kitten Resource Drive on Maddie's Pet Forum - Please upload resources or tell us resources that would be helpful to have for the upcoming kitten season: https://maddies.fund/kittenseasonresourcedrive
• HSUS Animal Care Expo info (April 19-22, 2022) in Orlando, FL or Virtual: Registration rates: https://humanepro.org/expo/rates ;Virtual BIPOC scholarship: https://humanepro.org/expo/animal-care-expo-2022-virtual-scholarshipOrlando-area BIPOC scholarship: https://humanepro.org/expo/animal-care-expo-2022-bipoc-scholarship
• Amended American History webcast with the CARE team - February 17 - sign up here https://maddiesfund-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_db28eTQ_RCW6x5qzI0lNDQ
• Maddie's Fund We Foster Challenge: https://www.maddiesfund.org/we-foster-challenge.htm
• Watch past Monday and Friday Community Conversations calls here: https://forum.maddiesfund.org/communityconversations
• Upcoming Topics on Friday Animal Welfare Leadership calls:
• Resource of the Week: Role of the Facility ToolkitCaty Townsend, Animal Arts Contact: email@example.com
Watch the full HASS Facility Toolkit presentation on last Monday's call recording at https://maddies.fund/ShelterRescueSupportCall2722Session Info & Links• Session One: Veterinary infection control expert Dr. Scott Weese led a discussion about this NYT article: "Is the Coronavirus in Your Backyard -White-tailed deer could become a reservoir for the virus, putting people and animals at risk, health experts say. - From NY Times: "Is the Coronavirus in Your Backyard?" - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M2TWnh9FINU8pUqm7_kmqlv416I13GWpwXVZba0L5CQ/edit - Dr. Scott Weese: firstname.lastname@example.org - About Dr. Scott Reese: https://www.wormsandgermsblog.com/2008/04/articles/miscellaneous/about-the-authors-scott-weese/ - Worms & Germs Blog: https://www.wormsandgermsblog.com/ - "Urban Wildlife and SARS-CoV2 Variants": https://www.wormsandgermsblog.com/2022/02/articles/animals/other-animals/urban-wildlife-and-sars-cov-2-variants/ - Jon Dunn – Michigan's Wastewater Testing Dashboard: https://gisportal.state.mi.us/portal/apps/insights/index.html#/view/52bbb104ed574887918f990af9f3debe
• Session Two: Lucy Fernandez, PASS Program Coordinator discussed how PASS (Positive Alternatives to Shelter Surrender) supports hundreds of community members each month by helping them understand their options, find resources, and obtain urgent help so they can get through tough times without reaching the last resort: Surrendering their pets. - PASS Program Austin Pets Alive FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PassAPA/ - APA! P.A.S.S. Program: https://www.austinpetsalive.org/resources/pass