Thanks to the 239 attendees who joined us live this morning! If you missed it, you can watch the recording here.
• Welcome – Kristen Hassen, American Pets Alive!
Some of the common signs of imposter syndrome include:
• An inability to realistically assess your competence and skills
• Attributing your success to external factors
• Berating your performance
• Fear that you won't live up to expectations
• Sabotaging your own success
"'Imposter syndrome' is used to describe high-achieving people who have an inability to internalize their successes for fear of being exposed as a 'fraud.' The key element is the fear that someone will eventually find out that you are an intellectual imposter."
• Mary's Motivation
Don't forget: Maddie's Fund Monthly Monday and Friday Calls Give-aways! Enter the contest for a chance to win money in a random drawing:
Open to all who are watching live or on-demand!
National updates / shared links
• Petco Love's National Pet Vaccination Month - webinar, Wednesday, 2/2/22, 1:00 pm CST. Register here to learn more :)https://petco.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_CDeyU3tnRVqfZL9Jrl0m5w
• Brent Toellner, Best Friends Town Halls - https://network.bestfriends.org/proven-strategies/best-friends-town-halls
• Johnny Jenkins' article Decolonizing Animal Welfare Through a Social Justice Framework http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fvets.2021.787555/full
• Dr. Sheila Segurson – survey: Dogs who guard resources - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/resourceguarding
• Jerrica Owen - Great article by our friends at Best Friends - provides coverage of the NACA Town Hallhttps://network.bestfriends.org/proven-strategies/program-spotlights/naca-support-appointment-based-intake
• Shannon Glenn - Mypitbullisfamily.org/partners
• Webcast: Transport Program Recharge! View the 2-part series on Maddie's University with lots of useful handouts!https://university.maddiesfund.org/products/transport-program-recharge-a-2-part-webcast-series
• Big Dog Master Class – virtual conference March 29-30. Register here for FREEhttps://maddiesfund-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_uydm2Ka_RSye_dVgVJg4Bw
• Alexandre Contreras https://www.linkedin.com/in/dogapy
• Stacy LeBaron - Online Cat Conference - January 28-29-30 Register https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/4898727141385942795
• Humane Canada's Summit for Animals May 2022. A hybrid event with both online and in-person componentshttps://humanecanada.swoogo.com/summit/Session Links & Contacts
Video of southern shelter (Palm Valley Animal Society) walk-through and announcement about transport webinars. @Kelly Duer
, Maddie's Fund Foster Care Specialist @Clare Callison
, Maddie's® National Director, Pet Supply and Demand, American Pets Alive! @Faith Wright
, Palm Valley Animal Society https://www.pvastx.org/ email@example.com
Webcast: Transport Program Recharge! View the 2-part series on Maddie's University https://university.maddiesfund.org/products/transport-program-recharge-a-2-part-webcast-series Palm Valley Animal Society Media Kit Template Transport Program Checklist and resource links Topic Two:
My Dog Is My Home - organization overview and upcoming co-sheltering conference @Sarah Hernandez
, MDIMH's Communications Fellow
My Dog is My Home Co-Sheltering Virtual Conference - March 1-3, 2022 – tickets:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/my-dog-is-my-homes-co-sheltering-conference-2022-tickets-225625270257
Co-sheltering Collaborative https://www.co-shelteringcollaborative.org/
Scholarship Application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeCUriG9rj00B_AZKpAZ_fMbod2gbIidwT7FNZFSECRxiicqA/viewformTopic Three:
Announcing Maddie's Million Pet Challenge, the evolution of The Million Cat Challenge
Dr. @Kate Hurley
, Program Director, Koret School of Shelter Medicine, UC Davis
Dr. @Julie Levy
, Fran Marino Endowed Professor of Shelter Medicine Education, University of Florida
Maddie's® Million Pet Challenge http://www.maddiesmillionpetchallenge.org/
February 3 intro webcast with Dr Sara Pizano - Maddie's® Million Pet Challenge: Teaming up for Pets and People https://maddiesfund-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_wVDW5zXeRDScTnnlkNuoaA
For more info about Open Door Consults: opendoorconsults.com
Maddie's® Million Pet Challenge Enews: https://maddiesmillionpetchallenge.org/enews/
Big Dog Master Class – 2-day, free virtual conference REGISTER: https://maddiesfund-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_uydm2Ka_RSye_dVgVJg4Bw
More info https://maddiesmillionpetchallenge.org/big-dog-master-class/
Access to Veterinary Care https://www.accesstovetcare.org/
(Will be on the Friday 2/4 call)
Brad Shear - Staffing shortage threatens health of 75 million pets by 2030https://www.veterinarypracticenews.com/75-million-pets-may-lose-access-to-care-by-2030/#:~:text=A%20new%20study%20from%20Banfield%20Pet%20Hospital%20estimates,increasingly%20high%20demand%2C%E2%80%9D%20says%20Banfield%E2%80%99s%20president%2C%20Brian%20Garish
Jo Jared - "How to Optimize Care and Make the Most of Veterinary Staffing" – very informative talk on ASPCA.
Dr. Sheila Segurson good article about veterinary shortage: https://www.dvm360.com/view/a-veterinarian-shortage-could-cost-75-million-pets-their-access-to-care-by-2030
Community Strategist at Maddie's Fund
Sent: 01-27-2022 12:38 PM
From: Bobby Mann
Subject: Animal Welfare Leadership Roundup Call - 1/28/22 - Transport Webinars, My Dog Is My Home Co-Sheltering Conference and the Evolution of The Million Cat Challenge to Maddie's Million Pet Challenge
Updated 1/28/22 at 3:02pm Recording Now Available to Watch On-Demand
Sharing the agenda for Maddie's Friday Animal Welfare Leadership Roundup (LINK TO REGISTER)
National Update: Free Big Dog Learning Opportunity
Session One: Video of southern shelter walk-through and announcement about transport webinars.
Session Two: My Dog Is My Home is a nonprofit in the U.S. dedicated to preserving the human-animal bond, specifically through increasing access to shelter and housing for people experiencing homelessness with their companion animals. MDIMH's second annual Co-Sheltering Conference, to be held virtually on March 1-3, 2022, will provide a learning and community-building space for animal welfare organizations, homeless services providers, government administrators, and academics committed to co-sheltering. @Sarah Hernandez, MDIMH's Communications Fellow, will discuss the organization's mission and the upcoming conference, themed "Stronger Together: Building Allyship Between Movements."
Session Three: Announcing Maddie's Million Pet Challenge, the evolution of The Million Cat Challenge. The MCC team has brought in even more experts and is offering free consults, coaching, and online learning - including guiding veterinary practices in implementing a sustainable Open Door model to assure all pets have access to veterinary care. Hear from founders Dr. @Kate Hurley and Dr. @Julie Levy about this exciting new program! And dive into the details of the Maddie's Million Pet Challenge and apply at www.maddiesmillionpetchallenge.org! #ThankstoMaddie
Discussion: The slowing of outcomes via transport and adoption - what steps are you taking to mitigate?
Quick Reminder: You can also watch previous recordings and continue the conversation at Maddie's Pet Forum!