Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Shelter and Rescue Support Call - Monday, 8/30/21 - GoodPup Rescue Program, The Golden Principle

• 1.  Shelter and Rescue Support Call - Monday, 8/30/21 - GoodPup Rescue Program, The Golden Principle

Posted 08-27-2021 11:28 AM
    Updated 8/30 at 3:05pm PT: Recording, agenda and chat file are now available below. 

Agenda

• Welcome – Bobby Mann – HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BOBBY!!   bobby.mann@americanpetsalive.org

• Reminder: No call this Friday (9/3/21) or next Monday (9/6/21). Happy Labor Day!

• Mary's Motivation –

Happy birthday Bobby Mann! A few years ago in Kansas City, Bobby surprised the Maddie’s Fund team by paying for our group’s lunch to let us know how much he appreciates what our foundation does! That meant the world to us.

As Jim Tedford once said (paraphrased quote): We can change the world by helping animals, but we can change it even more by helping those who care for animals.

• Our shared calling must equally represent the well-being of all the people who comprise animal welfare – our employees, peers, volunteers, adopters, donors, partners, sponsors, clients and all citizens of our communities.” – Jim Tedford

• Allie Mayer, CPDT-KA, Manager and Lisa Martin Garlic, CEO/Co-founder GoodPup Rescue Program - an online and app -based 1-on-1 training program over video chat that aims to make training more accessible and increase the training completion rates for dogs coming out of rescue.
    • Andy Neillie, CSP, author of The Golden Principles: Life and Leadership Lessons from a Rescued Dog. Building trust in challenging times

List of resources referenced during call

Blogs/books/conferences/podcasts/events

--------------------------------Original post-----------------------------

Happy Friday! Here's the agenda for next Monday's 8/30 call at 8am Pacific. 

Session One:  The GoodPup Rescue Program
    The team at GoodPup believes dogs are most successful post adoption when they go through a comprehensive positive-reinforcement training program. However, many adoptees forego this because it's not affordable, not convenient, or too overwhelming. GoodPup, an online and app based 1-on-1 training program over video chat, aims to make training more accessible and increase the training completion rates for dogs coming out of rescues.

The GoodPup Rescue Program is designed to support rescue organizations and has helped to train over 15k dogs per month through 170+ rescues across US and Canada. Through this program, adoptees receive an exclusive discount and rescues receive a $50 donation per customer. There is no cost to your organization in order to participate.

Allie Mayer, CPDT-KA, is the manager of the GoodPup Rescue Program. She is a Certified GoodPup Trainer and the former Foster Coordinator and Adoption Supervisor at the Louisiana SPCA. She has over 10 years of experience in the animal sheltering field, and she will present on how you can use the GoodPup Rescue Program to support your organization's work.

Session Two:  The Golden Principle: Building Trust in Challenging Times - DR. ANDY NEILLIE, CSP

Presenter Info:
    Speaking, training and leading teams have characterized the past 20 years of my career. I currently work as a keynote speaker, corporate trainer, coach and consultant. I travel weekly to present workshops on leadership and sales-related topics for numerous Fortune 500 firms as well as small and mid-sized companies, trade groups and associations. By combining my background in management and sales with strong speaking and training abilities, I am able to motivate clients and audiences to take actions that benefit them and their organizations.

Perhaps just as importantly, I'm passionate about the personal side of leading well, and write and speak regularly about building trust as a leader. In addition to teaching leadership principles for Concordia University's MBA program, I published my first book, The Golden Principles: Life and Leadership Lessons from a Rescued Dog, which uses simple lessons learned from a Golden Retriever about living well and leading well. In 2015, The Golden Principles was honored by Amazon.com with a "Top 100 Best Books of the Year" award.

Clients hire me to help them develop their leaders because I am one: I own several businesses, manage a team of key leaders and own ultimate P&L responsibilities for several million dollars of annual revenues. I've managed an operational team as well as a sales team, and have spent more than fifteen years honing my craft as a keynote speaker and workshop facilitator on all things pertaining to leadership and sales. I read more than fifty books a year, and find deep satisfaction in bringing current insights to bear for leaders and their teams.

If you haven't been on any of the Monday calls yet, register for the call here. You only have to register once and can join any of the Monday calls after your initial registration. Catch up on previous Monday calls on the Community Conversations page here on Maddie's Pet Forum.​​​​​

9/06/21 - NO CALL -  HAPPY LABOR DAY!​​
    #AdoptionsandAdoptionPrograms
    #Behavior,TrainingandEnrichment
    #PeopleManagement(includingVolunteerIntegration)

------------------------------
    Kim Domerofski (she/her)
    Community Manager
    Maddie's Fund

• 2.  RE: Shelter and Rescue Support Call - Monday, 8/30/21 - GoodPup Rescue Program, The Golden Principle

Posted 08-30-2021 03:22 PM
      |   view attached
    Only one more day until September. Can you believe it? 

Thanks to everyone who joined us on the call this morning. This post has been updated with the recording of the call, agenda items and resources shared during the call. Feel free to share with a colleague who may have missed it. The Chat log from the call is attached here too -- there are always some gems in the chat!

Kim Domerofski (she/her)
    Community Manager
    Maddie's Fund

Attachment(s)