Updated 4/29/22 at 11:35am - Recording is now available to watch on-demand! After watching, don't forget to complete this form to enter to win a grant: https://www.maddiesfund.org/monday-community-conversations-apr22-giveaway.htm
Please join us for an event full of amazing presenters at this Friday's Animal Welfare Leadership Round-up call. Our guest host this week is @Julie Levy of Maddie's Shelter Medicine Program at the University of Florida and Maddie's Million Pet Challenge.
Maddie's Friday Animal Welfare Leadership Roundup (LINK TO REGISTER)
● A Great Place to Work Series starts 5/04 https://learning.theaawa.org/products/a-great-place-to-work-series● Survey link for Let Pet Reunification: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2MFSBYL● The Spring Conference For Animal Welfare Advancement June 15-17 in Chicago! https://theaawa.org/event/spring22● ASPCA & UMN CVM will be co-hosting an Access to Veterinary Care Conference from October 17-19 in Minneapolis, MN. Call for Proposals: aspcapro.org/avcspeakers, https://airtable.com/shrAarx5VpVFvYN9Y. Save the Date: https://email.aspcapro.org/save-the-date-for-the-access-to-veterinary-care-conference.
Session Info & LinksTOPIC 1:UPDATED GUIDELINES FOR COVID-EXPOSED PETS
● Dr. Chumkee Aziz from the UC Davis Koret Shelter Medicine program will explain the updated COVID exposure and quarantine guidelines developed by the Shelter Medicine Academic Consortium for shelters intaking and handling dogs and cats potentially exposed to SARS-CoV-2.
● Chumkee Aziz, UC Davis Koret Shelter Medicine program, https://www.sheltermedicine.com/about/our-personnel/mehnaz-chumkee-aziz-dvm/
● Crisis in Veterinary Care article: https://humanepro.org/magazine/articles/crisis-veterinary-care
● Dr Scott Weese wrote an excellent recent blog about animal shelters and how staff should manage risk for human-human transmission: https://www.wormsandgermsblog.com/
TOPIC 3: HOW WE THICKENED OUR SKIN TO SAVE SOME FUR
● Dr. Sara Pizano, Team Shelter USA; https://www.teamshelterusa.com/
● Fizzy Ramsey and Kari Kuh, Danville-Boyle County Humane Society in Kentucky, https://www.dbchs.org/, firstname.lastname@example.org
● Video: https://www.canva.com/design/DAE6_YXDoMY/E0ua8JH8r0x9wMcCYCBHzg/watch?utm_content=DAE6_YXDoMY&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=publishsharelink