We Foster Challenge

View Only
  • 1.  Finder-to-Foster Program

Posted 04-25-2022 08:31 PM
    Hi Everyone, 

We are working on developing a Finder to Foster program where people in the community can choose to foster the kittens they find this kitten season and be on-boarded into our current foster program immediately as opposed to surrendering stray kittens at the shelter.  We are a brick and mortar shelter with a veterinary clinic so our foster animals in our program receive vet care, vaccines, and are adopted out through our on-campus shelter. 

We have already changed our foster on-boarding system to be more on-demand to easily add volunteers into the program to help allow for this kind of program. I have already searched the Maddie's library- but does anyone have a finder-foster program currently that would be willing to share their SOP or their procedures? Any information or resources you may have would be very appreciated! 

Thank you all so much!

------------------------------
    Taylor Prostor
    Hawaiian Humane Society

• 2.  RE: Finder-to-Foster Program

Posted 04-26-2022 04:46 AM
    as a foster-based, cats-only rescue with no building, I am super interested in this. Years ago we went to the Safe at Home apprenticeship in LA at Stray Cat Alliance. We'd already been dabbling in it, but after the apprenticeship, we went full-on. But I'd love to see what others are doing. We really just provide s/n, and all the supplies they need. Not much more than that.

kerryann may

• 3.  RE: Finder-to-Foster Program

Posted 04-26-2022 08:59 AM
    Hi Taylor,

You can find documents from several different orgs' Finder to Foster programs here: Found Foster- Foster to Surrender - Google Drive

Also there's a short video of LifeLine's foster staff describing how their program works here: https://youtu.be/TH0Xt6YM4aM

Kelly Duer