UPDATED 1/7/22 at 2pm: Recording is now available to watch below!
Sharing the agenda for the Maddie's Friday Animal Welfare Leadership Roundup (LINK TO REGISTER)
Quick Reminder: You can also watch previous recordings and continue the conversation at Maddie's Pet Forum!
Topic One: Petco Love will be kicking off our meeting to announce National Pet Vaccination Month! Come learn how you can spread the love and join in their FREE national vaccine campaign.
Topic Two: We'll hear from Janice Bradley about her new publication with Gary Patronek and Elizabeth Arps entitled, "Saving Normal: A new look at behavioral incompatibilities and dog relinquishment to shelters." We finally have a data-driven answer to the question, "Is there something behaviorally different about shelter dogs" and Janis will tell us all about it.
Topic Three: @Caitlin Quinn of HeARTs Speak will unveil the new HeARTs Speak community-focused sheltering tool kit. This first-of-its-kind resource will give you everything you need to explain to your community why animal services organizations work to support the bond between pets and people. This resource is part of a collaboration between HeARTs Speak and HASS and this short presentation will focus on how you can use this in your organization to better communicate with your communities.
Message from Maddie's Fund:
How would you like to hang out with your fellow colleagues for an hour each week AND be eligible to win a giveaway from Maddie's Fund?!
Starting in January, that is exactly what Maddie's Fund will be doing on the Monday Shelter and Rescue Support call and the Friday Animal Welfare Leadership Roundup call. We've heard that these calls have been invaluable to so many of you. And, now, they are going to get even better!
If you're not already registered for the calls, please do so now. And if you are registered, please extend your calendar entries through 2022.
- Shelter and Rescue Support call on Mondays starting 1/10/22, 8am PT/11am ETThis call is primarily for shelter workers, volunteers and rescue organizationsMonday Registration
- Animal Welfare Leadership Roundup call on Fridays starting 1/7/22, 8am PT/11am ETThis call is primarily for executive directors and animal welfare leadersFriday Registration
Bobby MannMaddie's® Human Animal Support Services Pilot Directorbobby.email@example.com
You can save lives in a variety of ways. Visit our brands.
• Blog about what shelters are going through with COVID: https://www.humananimalsupportservices.org/blog/americas-animal-shelters-in-crisis-6-things-need-to-know/
• NO NEED TO RE-REGISTER FOR THESE CALLS FOR 2022. Make sure that these calls are on your calendar for 2022. Please go into the calendar invite and adjust the recurrence to "every Friday" or "every Monday." • Friday meeting registration page - https://maddies.fund/Register_AWLeadershipRoundup • Monday meeting registration link (for shelter staff and committed volunteers) - https://maddies.fund/Register_ShelterRescueSupport
• Maddie's Fund Friday Calls Monthly Give-aways! Enter for a chance to win here: https://www.maddiesfund.org/friday-community-conversations-jan22-giveaway.htm
National updates / shared links
• Maddie's Fund events: • January 13 + 27: Transport Program Recharge! A 2-part webcast series with Kelly Duer and Clare Callison https://maddiesfund-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_7X0PKOvFQp-708wKwr1Sow • January 20: Maddie's Candid Conversation with James Evans and Jennifer Evans, CARE https://maddiesfund-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYtc-ihrjwvHNI_dY-DO_QuCDygsung4ChO• HASS Job-alikes – Marketing + 5 others To register: https://hass-net.americanpetsalive.org/job-alikes
• Humane Canada's Summit for Animals May 2022 https://humanecanada.swoogo.com/summit/
• For those doing work in North and/or South Carolina - the Carolinas Unite conference is coming up in March. http://carolinasunite.org/
• Stacy LeBaron TNR Certification Workshop Schedule for 2022. Jan 8, Feb 5, March 5, April 2, May 7, June 4, July 9, August, 6, Sept 10, Oct 1, Nov 5 Dec 3. https://www.communitycatspodcast.com/community-cat-care-training-education/ We also work with groups that want to provide scholarships for their volunteers.
• Valerie Sheppard - Join The Association and WiLD Leaders on Wed 1/19 for our webinar Whole and Intentional Leader Development https://learning.theaawa.org/p/whole-leader
• Jerrica Owen, NACANet - https://www.nacanet.org/naca-alert-across-the-u-s-animal-services-agencies-face-unprecedented-hardships/
• NACA Guideline on Appointment-based Pet Intake Into Shelters - https://www.nacanet.org/naca-guideline-on-appointment-based-pet-intake-into-shelters/
• Register for the NACA Town Hall on Appointment Based Pet Intake into shelters! https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUoceisrTkuEtAfkD1Iu9TaVEgk3lghyNeb
• Thursday, January 13, 2022, 4:00 PM PST - GoodPup enrichment webinar: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/goodpup-webinar-enrichment-keeping-our-dogs-happy-and-preventing-problems-tickets-228316218957 You can check out past GoodPup webinars and other great programs for shelters on our website: https://goodpup.com/shelters
• PetCo Love https://petcolove.org/ • Joanna Randazzo and Roxanne Ramirez • Questions - Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org • PetCo Love National Vaccine Campaign https://petcolove.org/news-story/petco-love-will-provide-1-million-vaccines-to-animal-welfare-partners-for-distribution-to-pets-in-need/ • National Pet Vaccination Month Registration Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdP480dfXXBJBBpRSxADx1fBejpczysdaishlSl6XjbMsmuZA/viewform • National Pet Vaccination Month Informational PDF: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M_HHqadsZArkv2uEXpy2Q-7v5WzgXETr/view?usp=sharing • Petco Love Partnership Webinar – January 19, 2022 https://petco.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_L8qo4lHjRda2z6I-qLZ_wA
Topic Two: Janis Bradley talked about her new publication with Gary Patronek and Elizabeth Arps entitled, Saving Normal: A new look at behavioral incompatibilities and dog relinquishment to shelters - National Canine Research Council (summary analysis). We finally have a data-driven answer to the question, "Is there something behaviorally different about shelter dogs" and Janis told us all about it.