Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only

Latest Discussions

• The focus for our September 2022 resource drive is Return to Home! Return to home expands on the term return to owner and acknowledges that most pets who enter shelters as "strays" have homes. Return to home also acknowledges that some cats have more than one family that cares for them, like Fatty, ... See More

• Thank you, Stacey. I am envious of your law enforcement charging abandonment! ------------------------------ Crystal Swann Blackdeer Executive Director Leavenworth County Humane Society, Inc. Lansing KS 913-250-0506 ------------------------------ See More

• Thank you, Melissa! ------------------------------ Crystal Swann Blackdeer Executive Director Leavenworth County Humane Society, Inc. Lansing KS 913-250-0506 ------------------------------ See More

• Thanks, M. In a perfect world, every shelter would be able to provide all the resources to keep pets in their homes - food, veterinary care, preventatives, spay/neuter, training, temporary housing, etc. In the real world, not everyone is resourced to do that. We are not out to play "gotcha" on people ... See More

• Hi Steve, I oversee the Community Pet Pantry at San Diego Humane Society. I might have a few options for you if you have some time to chat next week. Quinn Qdouglas-hiley@sdhumane.org https://www.sdhumane.org/services/support-services/pantry-service.html Sdhumane ... See More

• Yes, Amber, I forgot those two parts. We just had someone return a dog adopted in 2018. We can spend 20 minutes on hold per vet trying to find a vet appointment, meaning it can take me an hour or more just to get vaccines scheduled. It is an incredibly difficult time. ------------------------------ ... See More

• Hi, Our next behavior job-alike meeting is Thursday Sep 29 at 9 am PT/noon ET. I'll be leading a discussion about behavioral decision-making protocols and processes. This appears to be an area where many of our organizations could use some attention - creating plans and protocols to guide us when ... See More

• Hi All! My name is Sarah and I am originally from Lacey Washington and l currently live in Honolulu, HI! You can say I wanted a little of weather change :) I am the Volunteer Coordinator at Hawaiian Humane Society and been in this position for about a year. I have worked at another shelter as well on ... See More

• We hope you will join us on Monday, September 26 at 11am PT/2pm ET for our next Community Conversations call . We will be joined by Dr. J. Scott Weese, Professor at Ontario Veterinary College and Director of the Centre for Public Health and Zoonoses for an update on infectious disease issues. ... See More

• My dog is similar to Pickles. She took a long time to come around and still does not like snuggles and prefers to be left alone. I tell everybody she's more like a cat than a dog! So in addition to what Kelly suggested, you could also try marketing her as "the perfect dog for cat people" or "the perfect ... See More

Latest Library Entries

Most Active Members