Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

RE: Shelter Software

To build off of your question (because I am wondering the same thing )- can anyone share whether or not ShelterBuddy has the option of hosting individual fundraisers for animals? ------------------------------ Tara Stenson Facility Director Winona Area Humane Society ----------------------------- ... See More

• Does any one have a template for declining a foster applicant handy? We have a foster applicant that per another partner organization has a history of giving away foster pets and harassing adopters. Just looking for a good way to decline that we can add to our tool kit for this situation and future ... See More

• Carol, Thank you for sharing that information! ------------------------------ Lisa Burn Co-founder/VP Farmhouse Animal & Nature Sanctuary Myakka City, FL https://farmhousesanctuary.org ------------------------------ See More

• What a great way to highlight adoptable pets, have a little fun, and have the opportunity to win a valuable prize! ------------------------------ Sara Schrum Development Manager Central Vermont Humane Society VT ------------------------------ See More

• I second this idea for rabbits and guinea pigs. There's a brand new paper about rabbits in shelters, and the maximum length of stay they reported was 718 days! Here's the link to the open-access article called, "Rabbit intakes and predictors of their length of stay in animal shelters in British Columbia, ... See More

• Thanks for this info, I just signed our shelter up! ------------------------------ Kim Adams Boone Area Humane Society IA ------------------------------ See More

• Profile Picture

RE: From the South to North

That's very interesting. I would love to hear more about the quarantine facilities and how that's going. Where are they located? What is their set up, are they solely quarantine? If you want to talk offline, maybe there's a chain of transport we could support? Florida to the North is far, maybe ... See More

• Profile Picture

We switched to ShelterBuddy last year, and it's been great; especially if you can include VolunteerBuddy. We used to have to add volunteers in both our shelter platform and volunteer platforms, and now it's the same platform! ShelterBuddy integrates with Petfinder, and you can connect it with Adopets ... See More

• Profile Picture

We switched from shelter buddy to ShelterLuv in 2019 and what a difference it made for us! ShelterLuv is super easy to use and it integrates with PetFinder, Petco Love Lost and Chewys for auto uploads of all our available animals. We pay by the adoption, I think it’s $1 per adoption. We get free microchips ... See More

Latest Library Entries

Most Active Members