Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only

Latest Discussions

• Hi, Separation anxiety is very commonly misdiagnosed - pet guardians relinquish their pet to the shelter, saying their pet has sep anx, when the reality is that their dog is destroying things because they're bored or the anxiety is related to confinement and not separation from people. Is this an ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Thrift Stores

Not a bad idea if you have the space. It would bring individuals to the shelter/rescue and raise money. It would be a lot of work making sure items are worthy of resale. The most we have done is have a large parking lot "garage" sale. ------------------------------ Cynthia Williams President, Board ... See More

• Profile Picture

Thrift Stores

Has anyone set up a thrift store to raise money for the non profit? #FundraisingandDevelopment ------------------------------ Karen Kirsch Founder Spayed and Aid KY ------------------------------ See More

• As in many places, the shelters in my area are full. People who find dogs are reporting being told to let them loose if they cannot foster them. The rationale is that they will find their way home. I am researching alternatives to that policy and also whether that is the norm. I am appreciative ... See More

• Profile Picture

Behavior Panel or Committee

I have inherited the behavior panel within our org, made up of staff members, that reviews behavior reports of dogs in the program that are exhibiting concerning behaviors. This can range from simple lack of manners (jumpy/mouthy or leash pulling) to more serious behaviors like resource guarding or various ... See More

• Wow, this is incredibly helpful and inspiring! May I ask – if someone gives a gift of $50,000, is their name on the wall forever, or only a certain amount of time? Also, can the $50,000 be a multi-year pledge? We love our local Subaru dealers and partner with them as well, but it is approxiamtely $10k ... See More

• We have many ways of recognizing big donors. We have a display wall behind the reception desk with "name tag" shaped plaques that bear the names of individuals, corporations, and foundations who contributed to our capital campaign with a gift of over a certain level (I believe it is $50,000). We also ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Rural Food Bank

This is awesome! We work with the local homeless shelter to vaccinate and spay/neuter. The shelter also does food boxes on Monday, Wed, and Friday - we could possibly do one day a week with them. Thanks for sharing! ------------------------------ Connie Ash Director Mended Paws Sanctuary AR ... See More

• Would love to hear as well! We also are planning something to recognize our larger donors! ------------------------------ Cynthia Williams Board Member CATIO CAT LOUNGE INC TN ------------------------------ See More

Latest Library Entries

Most Active Members