Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Community Conversations - 12/4/23 - Year-End Reflections and Setting Intentions

Posted 11-30-2023 12:35 PM

Updated 12/4/23 at 3:45pm - Recording now available to watch on-demand!

We hope to see you on Monday, 12/4/23 at 11am PT for our next Community Conversations call! Maddie's Fund will be announcing the November grant winners followed by a presentation by Dr. @Jyothi Robertson on year-end reflections and setting intentions.

Dr. Jyothi Robertson will take audience members through contemplative approaches to centering themselves, reflecting on their 2023 experiences, and setting their intentions for 2024. The audience would then be able to work on each practice via a guided handout throughout December to prepare for the new year.

Register here for our Weekly Community Conversations Calls taking place on Mondays at 11am PT: maddies.fund/CommunityConversationsRegistration

If you are unable to make it live on Monday, this thread will be updated with the recording and resources so you can watch and share whenever you'd like.  After you watch the recording on-demand or attend the call live, be sure to complete this new December entry form to enter to win up to a $5,000 grant: https://www.maddiesfund.org/weekly-community-conversations-dec23-giveaway.htm

#EducationandTraining
    #PeopleManagement(includingVolunteerIntegration)

------------------------------
    Maddie's Pet Forum Admin
    Maddie's Fund

• 2.  RE: Community Conversations - 12/4/23 - Year-End Reflections and Setting Intentions

Posted 12-04-2023 09:53 AM

Hello!

I am looking forward to seeing everyone in an hour. I will drop a link to the handout here, after the meeting, for anyone to download and modify. I'll also see if I can upload a recording of a reflection practice in the next few days. 

Thanks!

Jyothi

Jyothi Robertson

• 3.  RE: Community Conversations - 12/4/23 - Year-End Reflections and Setting Intentions

Posted 12-04-2023 04:09 PM

Hello Everyone! 

I am attaching the handout from the call here, as well as the PDF of my slides. Thank you to all who participated today.  It was a lot of fun presenting to all of you! 

warmly, 
    Jyothi

Jyothi Robertson

• 4.  RE: Community Conversations - 12/4/23 - Year-End Reflections and Setting Intentions

Posted 12-04-2023 04:38 PM
    Thanks to the 140+ people (and pets) who joined us on today's Community Conversations call! The recording is now available to watch on-demand.
    Below you'll find a recap of the agenda, chat and resources shared. Thank you to our incredible guest speaker,  Dr. @Jyothi Robertson for another insightful presentation. You're invited to take a deeper dive with Dr. Robertson and The Journey You Own team this Wednesday, December 6th at 10am for an interactive meeting to help you discover practical strategies to create more space, incorporate contemplative practices into your life, and align personal values with your actions and activities: https://maddiesfund-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIvcuiqrzwiGdPFkVuHuwEgvV7i3OiO9HLq#/registration

Call Recap:
    • Welcome from Hosts
    • Maddie's Fund November 2023 Grant Winners:
      • Weekly Community Conversations 1 Winner of $5,000 - @Steve Marrero, Liberty County Animal Services in Hinesville, GA
      • Maddie's Pet Forum 1 Winner of $3,000 - @Myriam Martinez, Mujeres Latinas SC in Mt. Pleasant, SC. 

• National Updates
    • Featured Presentation: Year-End Reflections and Setting Intentions 
    • Highlights from the Chat
      • Reflection prompt from presentation: "What am I wanting to be acknowledged for this past year?"
        • "Community-building!" - Irene Chansawang
        • "Going outside of my comfort zone" - Robin Vincent
        • "acknowledge about how to take care of animals" - Myriam Martinez
        • "What am I wanting to be acknowledged for?  Addressing and Progressing with enormous, long-standing challenges in our organization" - Lawrence Minnis
        • "After four years of bringing slaughter bound horses into my herd , I finally accomplished my multi year "hanging" goal of securing my 501c3 for  http://bixrohorsehaven.org" - Cindy Roragen
        • "making a difficult decision for my own mental health and shifting what animal rescue looks like for me" - Amanda Gra
        • "making the effort to acknowledge both the mistakes and how we can move past those errors to be stronger." - Karen Vandersall
        • "Moving my rescue from word of mouth to our community by becoming a 501(c)3 this year and opening an adoption center with retail shop front to support the rescue." - Katrina Downey
          • "that's huge!! congrats" - Amanda Gra
        • "Taking the leap to begin work on my org focused on helping to give shelters the tools and support to expand their foster programs!" - Clare Russell
      • "We take every 1st of the month as social media gratitude post. We also have a gratitude jar on the counter where we process adoptions so we are hoping to be appreciative to all." - Michelle Russillo
      • "great information, Dr Jyothi.  Wow!!! Completely enjoyed the session." - Glenda Davis
      • "Thank you!  Perfect for today!" - Pollyanne McKillop
      • "Thank you Jyothi! <3" - Erika Schumacher
      • "Thanks Jyothi - that was great!!!" - Kelly Clardy
      • "Thank you, Jyothi!! Really amazing." - Irene Chansawang
      • "Thank you so much, Jyothi. Really helps me to approach intention setting and new years resolutions in a totally different way." - Charlotte Otero
      • "So lovely!! Great presentation! I'm going to have my team go through this!" - Cecilia Oliveros
      • "Thanks so very much! That was much needed!" - Mary Garcia
      • "Thank you, Jyothi, for helping me find some inner peace" - Kim Domerofski
      • "Love tying meditation/mindfulness to reflection, journaling and setting intentions/goals. THANK YOU" - Suzanne Fields
      • "This presentation took me back to yesteryear when I was more attentive to myself and my own needs. Bad habit I have of putting myself at lease 2nd to last. Sigh. Thank you." - Karina Reyes
      • "Very much worthwhile. Thank you" - Marlene Jeffers
      • "Thank you! We all need to take some time to reflect!" - Erin Hooks
      • "I was pulled away before the meditation began, but will be happy to listen to this later. I agree that it was the right time for this. Also- hello from a Milwaukee gal too! I moved away because those winters are COLD!!" - Nina Pinter
      • "Thank you! I am sitting in my car trying to catch a community cat I've been trying to catch for 5 months. The last of a colony of 75 to spay. Ive been so frustrated and unfocused and i NEEDED this. ❤️" - Katrina Downey

Charlotte Otero
    Community Strategist at Maddie's Fund
    she/her

• 5.  RE: Community Conversations - 12/4/23 - Year-End Reflections and Setting Intentions

Posted 12-20-2023 07:53 AM

Although I didn't get to this site until now or had the opportunity to join the call the material the recap provided is amazing.  I will take this back to our board to review and reflect.  Since we are a new group here in a small county in TN all the material, I am finding is going to be so helpful for us going forward.   The reflections really helped put the last year of hard work of start up into perspective and will help us to have momentum going forward.  thank you!

Denise Klein, Board member

Friends of Jackson County Animal Shelter, Gainsboro TN

Denise Klein
    Board member
    Friends of Jackson County Animal Shelter
    TN

• 6.  RE: Community Conversations - 12/4/23 - Year-End Reflections and Setting Intentions

Posted 12-05-2023 08:01 PM

As I started working on the reflection questions - The question (what unexpected opportunities or events shaped my year?)  was a valuable reflective experience. I had time to review how my support system helped maintain the sanctuary during a family crisis, and how the community came together when we needed them the most to support a large intake of dogs.  Sometimes, when you are in the forest, it is difficult to see the meadow for the trees. 

Still working on the exercise! 

Connie Ash
    Director
    Mended Paws Sanctuary
    AR

• 7.  RE: Community Conversations - 12/4/23 - Year-End Reflections and Setting Intentions

Posted 12-19-2023 09:35 AM

Hi Connie! I'm glad working through the question helped bring some clarity.  Thanks for sharing … I think sometimes it can be tricky to see all the support and abundance that's there around us when we're caught in the middle of everything. So glad you were able to get the help you needed from your community!  Warmly, Jyothi 

Jyothi Robertson