This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
Organization: Genesee County
Location: Flint, MI
Pay Range: $135,000 - $160,000
Performs professional veterinary services for animals at the Animal Control Shelter and to animals under the care of the Shelter. Works under the supervision of the Director of the Animal Control; performs related duties as required.
• Administers veterinary care to animals under the care of the Animal Control Shelter including examining, evaluating and administering appropriate medical treatment.
• Vaccinates dogs, cats, livestock or other animals that are placed with the public and at the annual rabies clinic.
• Oversee the ordering and utilization of controlled substances for use at Animal Control.
• Recommends treatment of sick and injured wildlife to wildlife rehabilitators; Prepares medical reports on animals.
• Trains staff in euthanasia procedures.
• Advises Animal Control Shelter regarding best practices to maintain the safety, health and welfare of the animals.
• Assists in determining the appropriateness of animal cruelty charges and makes recommendations to the Genesee County Prosecutor's Office.
• Participates as an expert witness for animal-related matters.
• Consults with the Genesee County Health Department on animal related diseases or other matters as requested by the Health Department.
• Review and make recommendations for notification protocols for Genesee County Health Department and the Genesee County Animal Control.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVMNMD), License in good standing with the state veterinary board AND DEA License for controlled Substances AND Michigan Board of Pharmacy Controlled Substance License.
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
• Valid Michigan Drivers' License; good driving record. Willing to work weekends and irregular hours.
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities (SKA) Required:
• Knowledge of modern principles and practices of animal medicine; Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations.
• Considerable ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative in analyzing problems and recommending solutions, and to cope with difficult situations in accordance with established policy and procedure.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; Ability to prepare reports and medical files.
• Ability to physically perform the assigned duties.
• Ability to attend work regularly and work under stressful conditions.
• Ability to work independently, collaboratively and respectfully in a complex, multicultural work environment that values diversity, equity and inclusion.
Hiring Solutions LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hiring Solutions LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter here: https://hiringsolutionsllc.com/openings/Veterinarian_287#EducationandTraining#MarketingandSocialMedia#PeopleManagement(includingVolunteerIntegration)