Geek Week 2021 by the Pet Professional's Guild is back. This online conference will include all of the most popular features like:
1. Hosted by 4 collaborating, aligned industry associations. We all succeed together!
2. The rare opportunity for you to hear from a fabulous selection of international presenters across many disciplines.
3. At Your convenience and a great value - 24-hour sessions to accommodate all time zones
4. Your membership working for you - Discounts for PPG, APDT-Australia and INTOdogs membersAnd Geek Week 2021, The Sequel will also feature:
1. Convenience and ease of use for you - A brand new platform with enhanced attendee networking, chat functions and live Q&A’s
2. For the uber Nerd in you and in all of us, dig deeper into the science with our new GeeNerd track highlighting the leading edge in academia at its very best.
3. You can never get enough free stuff - so of course you’ll have daily chances for raffle prizes
4. The science is great, but when you use the science in the real world - Oh what a feeling. Your Behavior “How To” track, shows you specific, tangible skills across many topics that can be implemented into your own practice.
5. You know the importance of rest so ease into your day before tackling all that science with your 7-day fun warm up with daily raffles and presenter interviews starting November 6, 2021.
6. You get all the access you want with Live Q&A sessions with each presenter
7. Put on your party clothes and join your friends and colleagues at your virtual GeekedUP Fancy Dress Cocktail Party including a selection of great prizes.
8. You love your books so we’ve included a Meet The Author Sessions where you can chat with and question your favorite authors and purchase a signed copy of their featured book.
9. AND finally, in honor of all of our rescue heroes out there Geek Week 2021 will be rescue focused supporting the ongoing education of Shelter and Rescue staffYour Daily General Sessions - 9 Sessions
The General Session will be chaired by an Academic Keynote Speaker or Skill Expert. All attendees will be gathered in the same location to enjoy these sessions. General sessions will take place at 8:00 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. ET daily.The A Track – An Academic Track Featuring 28 Sessions
The A Track will feature national and international Academics introducing and discussing their research or reviewing the current literature in their field of endeavor. Each session will be scholarly in nature, breaking down a research subject, its data, findings, and recommendations. Presenters will hold high level qualifications in their presentation subjects, most often holding doctorates or in the final stages of their doctoral studies. They will all work at a university or further education institute. We make no apology for the fact that this will be a strictly science based, academic stream only.The B Track - A Behavior Track Featuring 34 Sessions
The B-Track is a behavior ‘how-to’ track featuring highly proficient, hands-on, mechanically skilled dog trainers who will, throughout their presentations give attendees a takeaway ‘how-to’ of their subject. The scope of the How-To sessions will be narrow, and the knowledge available will be rich. Attendees will leave a ‘how-to’ session with a comprehensive understanding of how the presented skill is trained and performed. Each presentation will include the title, a breakdown of the task skills, the required criteria, the goals of the task, the training steps to teach/train the skill and will also include explanatory videos. Examples are: How to Counter Condition a Muzzle, How to teach a 3 skill behavior chain.The C- Track – The Consulting Track Featuring 18 Sessions
The C-Track will cover consulting, marketing, and personal growth topics. This track is designed to support personal development and business growth skills. Topics may be academic in nature or may be operationally focused. They may also include human resource subjects. Subjects relevant to both personal and business growth for everyone from private consultants to volunteer organizations and rescues/shelters.Click here to view the schedule for the conference
and explore the session descriptions here