Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only

Latest Discussions

• This month's resource drive came from a suggestion by Forum member @Sarah Aguilar asking for ideas on how to bring fun to work through team engagement and morale boosters! Engaging team members is important in our work as it builds a sense of camaraderie by promoting a supportive atmosphere ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Equine Resources?

Already a member. ------------------------------ Andrea Doolittle President Second Chances Equine Rescue GA ------------------------------ See More

• I take ALL my Volunteers for a day of "horseback riding & lunch"! They LOVE it ! It's my way of saying "thank you"! ------------------------------ Mary Murray CEO, Founder & President Greene Animal League TN ------------------------------ See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Horse Sanctuaries

Hi Cindy! Check out the Homes for Horses Coalition . We have a network of equine rescues located all across the country and provide resources and networking opportunities. Please feel free to reach out or send an application to join. ------------------------------ Tessa Archibald Archibald Homes ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Equine Resources?

Hey Andrea, Check out the Homes for Horses Coalition for various equine resources! We have information on a variety of topics curated specifically for equine rescues, as well as a growing library of webinars. https://homesforhorses.org/resources/hhc-webinars/ :) ------------------------------ ... See More

• Profile Picture

Kitten-Safe Intake Housing

We are looking for ideas to improve our kitten intake housing options. We have had multiple issues with kittens getting paws stuck at the bottom of their kennel and had a kitten require a leg amputation as a result. We are now using temporary individual kennels for incoming young kittens until we get ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Preparing for kitten season

Thank you! We do the raffle tickets for $10 so i will be changing that to the $25 donation with more tickets! i love that idea. ------------------------------ Jennifer Herne Akwesasne Animal Society ------------------------------ See More

• Hi Myrna, were you able to resolve this? My team is working to establish a voucher program in Los Banos and would love any insights you might be able to share. Was part of the problem that vets opted for taking non-voucher clients before ones who had a voucher? Thanks, Rachel ------------------------------ ... See More

• Profile Picture

Rural Eastern New Mexico

So, it's not just rural eastern New Mexico that is in need of Vets and Emergency Vets, this article describes how bad it is in the entire state of NM. Our rescue., in Tucumcari, NM (Paws & Claws Rescue of Quay County) and the local ACO are always full and continue to have limited funds and volunteers. ... See More

Latest Library Entries

Most Active Members