The Power of Yes - Removing Barriers

View Only

While 70% of US households have a pet, only a fraction of those animals are adopted from animal shelters. How do you think we can lower barriers to adoption at animal shelters and increase the number of outcomes we're seeing? Take the course and dive into the conversation.

The Power of Yes! Course Page

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

RE: Landlord/Rental Barriers

I completely understand the frustration of returned adoptions due to landlord conflicts. To address this, let's shift our approach to proactive education. Instead of requiring landlord permission, we can provide adopters with resources on understanding rental agreements and the importance of adhering ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Feeling Guilty

Providing a translation of Jason Roy's post (just Google translate so apologies if any errors/issues): Hello! I'm glad you're aware of this and are taking steps to better communicate with the Spanish-speaking community. It is true that the willingness to learn and use some phrases in Spanish can generate ... See More

• Profile Picture

¡Hola! Me alegra que estés consciente de esto y estés tomando medidas para comunicarte mejor con la comunidad hispanohablante. Es cierto que la voluntad de aprender y utilizar algunas frases en español puede generar un impacto positivo. No te preocupes si no eres fluido, el esfuerzo por comunicarte en ... See More

• Profile Picture

Landlord/Rental Barriers

Need some input please. What is your policies on adopting to people you KNOW are not allowed pets in an apartment/rental? We have a few apartment/companies in our town that are not pet-friendly. When someone comes to adopt an animal and list one of the complex's as their address, the staff ... See More

• Profile Picture

April, thank you so much for posting and I really relate! Once I learn information, I start to look back at all the things I haven't done or could have done. As the saying goes, when we know better, we do better. And love that you are determined to fix this! That is a huge first step and an opportunity ... See More

• Profile Picture

It's great that you are aware of this! That's the first step. Don't feel guilty, just figure out what your next steps are. One thing to keep in mind is that just because they are Hispanic/Latino, it does not mean they don't understand or speak English. They could, and simply not be familiar with English ... See More

• Profile Picture

Feeling Guilty

I feel really guilty knowing that a large portion of people around our shelter are Hispanic and none of us speak Spanish. We've not even thought about what it might feel like to not understand a community event. I will be working on fixing this issue. ------------------------------ April Chandler ... See More

• Welcome to the Maddie's® Pet Forum MMPC Learniverse Power of Yes - Removing Barriers to Adoption Discussion Group Use this forum to post or read comments, questions, concerns, ideas, etc. related to the Power of Yes self-paced, on-demand course on Maddie's University. Please NOTE - All ... See More

Latest Library Entries

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.