Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only

Latest Discussions

• Does anyone have experience with a free, easy-to-use screen recorder software that could be used to record a workflow and then shared with others? For example, someone could record the process for entering an animal into the database, or the process for adding something to our website. I'd like ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Farm animals

I don't work with farm animals now, but I used to work at a shelter that took in a lot of farm animals, and one thing they did was host an event all about pigs. They had activities, vegetarian food trucks, and lots of educational content about pigs and their needs. Obviously I can't speak to the overall ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Adopting FeLV cats

Have you thought about having your personal cats vaccinated for feline leukemia? Many years ago, I used to foster adult cats who needed to know how it felt to live in a home. We had her for a year, took her up to adoptions and finally, someone wanted her. Her vaccines just expired that day (a Saturday) ... See More

• We had better luck applying locally to community foundations and other places in our city/county, and even our state. Search animal grants and local grants and apply to them- hopefully, that helps. You might also reach out to local car dealerships asking for help/deals. Good luck to you. On Fri, ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: New Shelter Facility Design

Congratulations! We are building a new shelter also! I like your thought about being able to have staff stay during an emergency. We do not have a separate sleeping facility. We do have a community education room, and I think we will address that by adding a couple of cots and bedding to one our of our ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Farm animals

Hi Marcie, We run a a farm and exotic an imal sanctuary and come across the same thing with many of the species we take in, including pigs. We try sharing facts about the animals at events and on social media. Unfortunately I don't think this is enough and would love to hear others ideas as well. ... See More

• Today we celebrate the little dog who started a revolution. She was bold, feisty and not afraid to take chances. Although she is no longer with us, we continue to give thanks to Maddie in the form of grants, resources and in everything we do. We know she’d be proud of the work you all are doing and how ... See More

• I tried but we were too small. https://thestantonfoundation.org/canine-welfare/mobile-adoption-vans/resources ------------------------------ Jennifer Bozeman President Creature Comforts Clarke County MS ------------------------------ See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Help us we're drowning!

Hi Dianna, A vet clinic in St. Louis was in a similar situation - they have two sides to their organization, for-profit and non-profit. Judy's Forgotten Jewels, you might contact them to see how their organization works. They have accepted a few mom/puppy combos from us. Connie ------------------------------ ... See More

Latest Library Entries

Most Active Members