Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only

Latest Discussions

• Happy Birthday, Maddie! Thanks for inspiring a movement! ------------------------------ Kelly Clardy Grants Manager Maddie's Fund ------------------------------ See More

• Written protocols for DNAs and adoption refusals (for staff guidance and documentation). A posted sign in all public areas stating we have the right to refuse any adoption.Processes for refusing a particular adoption may differ from refusing any adoption. Guidelines for both need to be sound, defendable ... See More

• You could try reaching out to local animal rescues or shelters in your area. They might have the resources and space to take in the sweet girls and provide them with the care they need. You could consider posting about the girls on social media platforms or online forums dedicated to pet adoption. Networking ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Farm animals

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous I don't do farm animal rescue - however, as person who had some land and sheep, we ended up with other assorted animals. If someone wanted to take any of them, we had them come out and work with the animals for 3 days. Made them get a better ... See More

• Does anyone have experience with a free, easy-to-use screen recorder software that could be used to record a workflow and then shared with others? For example, someone could record the process for entering an animal into the database, or the process for adding something to our website. I'd like ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Farm animals

I don't work with farm animals now, but I used to work at a shelter that took in a lot of farm animals, and one thing they did was host an event all about pigs. They had activities, vegetarian food trucks, and lots of educational content about pigs and their needs. Obviously I can't speak to the overall ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Adopting FeLV cats

Have you thought about having your personal cats vaccinated for feline leukemia? Many years ago, I used to foster adult cats who needed to know how it felt to live in a home. We had her for a year, took her up to adoptions and finally, someone wanted her. Her vaccines just expired that day (a Saturday) ... See More

• We had better luck applying locally to community foundations and other places in our city/county, and even our state. Search animal grants and local grants and apply to them- hopefully, that helps. You might also reach out to local car dealerships asking for help/deals. Good luck to you. On Fri, ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: New Shelter Facility Design

Congratulations! We are building a new shelter also! I like your thought about being able to have staff stay during an emergency. We do not have a separate sleeping facility. We do have a community education room, and I think we will address that by adding a couple of cots and bedding to one our of our ... See More

Latest Library Entries

Most Active Members