Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Community Conversations - 8/1/22 - Return to Home

Posted 07-28-2022 08:45 AM

Updated 8/1 at 3:20pm Pacific - Recording now available!
    Don't forget to enter to win a grant each time you attend or watch on-demand during the month of August here:  https://www.maddiesfund.org/weekly-community-conversations-aug22-giveaway.htm  

Views expressed on the Maddie's® Community Conversations are not endorsed by Maddie's Fund.

8/1/22 Community Conversations Call 

Session 1 Topic:  Return to Home
    Speaker:  @Gina Knepp, National Shelter Engagement Director for Michelson Found Animals

*The full agenda and resources from this call have been shared below*

As a reminder, the former Monday and Friday calls have now been combined into this ONE (50 minute) weekly call that will take place every Monday at 11a PT /2p ET.  If you haven't already done so, register now.

Quick Reminder: You can also watch previous recordings and continue the conversation on the Community Conversations page here in the forum!  

#ReturntoHome(LostPetReunification)
    #Maddie'sCommunityConversations
    ​​

• 2.  RE: Community Conversations - 8/1/22 - Return to Home

Posted 08-01-2022 03:51 PM
      |   view attached
    What a way to start the newly combined Community Conversations call (formerly Monday & Friday calls) -- with 295 people! Thank you for showing up! Although there were a few minor technical difficulties, it gave us the opportunity to collaborate even more during the call. If you missed the call, you should watch the recording -- so many gems today! Don't forget to enter to win a grant each time you attend or watch on-demand during the month of August here: https://www.maddiesfund.org/weekly-community-conversations-aug22-giveaway.htm. The full agenda and resources shared on the call are below.

Agenda

• Presentation by @Gina Knepp, National Shelter Engagement Director, Michelson Found Animals https://www.foundanimals.org/
        Return-To-Home: How some agencies are achieving extraordinary success and others are falling behind
    • General discussion led by @Ed Jamison and @Bobby Mann
      • The powerful ways that we can support and shape human behavior in order to keep pets safe at home and out of shelters; the resulting long-term impact on our communities; inspiring ideas to effect change in communities and join others willing to challenge the status quo when it comes to pet identification.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

------------------------------
    Kim Domerofski (she/her)
    Community Manager
    Maddie's Fund

Attachment(s)

pdf
    Monday 8.1.2022 agenda.pdf   358 KB 1 version

• 3.  RE: Community Conversations - 8/1/22 - Return to Home

Posted 08-02-2022 12:10 PM
      |   view attached
    Thanks to everyone for being so understanding yesterday. When my WiFi went out and my hotspot failed me, I died a thousand deaths. Attached is my presentation, although some of the slides may cause some head scratching without content. I am happy to answer any questions and even present to individual organizations if that would be helpful to anyone. 
    Gina

Gina Knepp
    National Shelter Engagement Director
    Michelson Found Animals Foundation
    Los Angeles, California
    916-230-4533