Please note: All views expressed on Community Conversations calls are not necessarily endorsed by Maddie’s Fund.
Please join us tomorrow for another exciting Friday Animal Welfare Leadership Round-up call!
Maddie's Friday Animal Welfare Leadership Roundup (LINK TO REGISTER)
Quick Reminder: You can also watch previous recordings and continue the conversation here on Maddie's Pet Forum!
Host: Kristen Hassen, Maddie's® Director of American Pets Alive!, overseeing the Human Animal Support Services project, the Maddie's® Learning Academy, and AmPA!'s lifesaving initiatives
Question of the Day: How is organization/is your organization recognizing Juneteenth?
• Maddie's Fund Monthly Giveaways! Enter here for a chance to win CA$H in a random drawing. Open to all who are watching live or on-demand! Be sure to enter each week you attend. https://www.maddiesfund.org/friday-community-conversations-jun22-giveaway.htm
• CARE is having a contest for Juneteenth! We are making a special shirt to celebrate with words that come to mind when people hear the word FREEDOM? We are going to take the words and put them on a shirt. If you want to participate, email email@example.com with "Juneteenth" in the subject line and send us your one word. Anyone who sends a word gets entered into a drawing for one of the new shirts or a free REDI certification registration. Deadline for submission is June 22nd.
• Dr. Robertson, through the Journey You Own, is hosting free online meditation gatherings to create a supportive space to explore grounding practices. The next session will be on June 30th 5pm PST and will focus on loving-kindness practice. Everyone is welcome. The link to register is https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0qfqvqjovGtYhW5kQNH7MfQL2tAr5yBV-
• We have a webinar coming up on June 28th @ noon ET: FANCY FOOTWORK: PRACTICAL HANDLING AND TRAINING SOLUTIONS FOR THE ENTIRE SHELTER: https://dogsplayingforlife.com/webinars/
• The Return to Home Challenge kicks off promotion in July. Applications at the end of July, the Challenge itself is October 1-31.
Notes re: Text Programs
• We've run a few text campaigns around advocacy, adoptions, and engagement. They have been successful. Let me know if you'd like to know more! Adrienne@lollypop.org
• https://www.humananimalsupportservices.org/blog/shelter-started-lost-found-texting-program/• Text-to-donate is built into Shelterluv software - happy to get you customer stories from those using it. you could apply that learning to any texting program. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Texting data info: email@example.com
• This video is about how one shelter is using text for foster-- both signing up and communicating with fosters: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1esM8ZCdW3E4VHujlY8YH1bgJp-69Iz2M/view?usp=sharing
• Lost Pets billboards and lost/found social pods (in Spanish too)- https://brandfolder.com/s/bft7ntvs45fw7cqr73tnnx
• Programs for Kids/Humane Education: https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/students-write-letters-behalf-adoptableanimals-
• Kids, Cats, and K9s - kids getting shelter/rescue animals adopted: https://www.facebook.com/groups/667574987790717
Please note: All views expressed on Community Conversations calls are not necessarily endorsed by Maddie's Fund.