2023 Open Arms Challenge

View Only

Latest Discussions

• Hi Liz, Oooh that is a great question! I think either is OK - feel free to use the Welcoming Practices as guidelines to do whatever specific actions you think will work best for your organization and make the biggest difference to your community. It is OK if your proposed methods of becoming more ... See More

• A general question related to my last one -- should what we are proposing to do be organized into an overall program or is it ok if we are making some changes related to several practices but not necessarily thematically tied together? ------------------------------ Elizabeth Johnson -------------- ... See More

• Hi Liz, Thanks so much for your question and interest in the Open Arms Challenge 2023! Glad to hear that your organization is already embracing these practices! I think the key point you make in your post is also one of the goals of the challenge - "get better". We're looking for organizations to ... See More

• Hi, Maybe I'm missing the detail but wondering if we need to propose a specific new initiative or not for this challenge. We're already embracing the practices and can certainly get better but want to prepare for the application. Thanks Liz ------------------------------ Elizabeth Johnson --------- ... See More

• Hi Sara! Instead of our traditional "huddles," the Weekly Communications Conversations calls in March will be focused around Open Arms topics. More info to come in a few weeks, but you can register for calls now. Last year's huddle recordings are also available and still very relevant. They can be ... See More

• How exciting! Will there be regular "huddles" this year for those participating in the challenge? ------------------------------ Sara Miller American Pets Alive! ------------------------------ See More

• Get ready for the 2023 Open Arms Challenge where $420,000 in grant prizes will be available! This Challenge is all about opening our hearts and minds to more accessible and inclusive practices. Twenty-two national organizations are joining forces to encourage animal shelters and foster-based organizations ... See More

Latest Library Entries

Most Active Members