Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  A New Era in Medical Care - Telemedicine and Vaccine Clinics in California (that could be adopted in other states) - Legislative Updates for 2024 Webinar - 1/24/24 (will be recorded)

Posted 01-10-2024 10:18 AM

Telemedicine and Vaccine Clinics in California: What Shelters Need to Know About Legislative Updates for 2024

January 24, 2024 - 10 AM to 11:30 AM Pacific (will be recorded so register now to attend or access recording after the event)

We've got amazing news about access to care in animal shelters for 2024. Thanks to groundbreaking veterinary telemedicine and vaccine legislation, your California shelter can ring in the new year with fewer restrictions around who can provide essential care and how, freeing up your team to more easily meet medical needs in the shelter or community.  These changes could also be pursued in other states so tune it to see the benefits of the California legislation.

Discover how your shelter can:

• Empower RVTs to take charge of vaccine clinics (even if your vet is elsewhere)

• Provide increased access to wellness care for pets in your community 

• Use telemedicine to expand the veterinary care your shelter can provide, whether an animal is in foster or in the field, working with staff or contract veterinarians

• Increase access to care for underserved pets and their people and decrease unnecessary intake

• Use telemedicine to increase veterinary care for animals in the shelter 

This must-see webinar will set the stage for everything you do this year. Register today and invite your field officers, veterinary staff and community partners, so you can turn the page to better care together!

Learn more & Register here: https://www.sheltermedportal.com/tmvx-updates-2024/

This webinar is hosted by the Maddie's® Million Pet Challenge / UC Davis Koret Shelter Medicine Program. 

#AccesstoCare
    #EducationandTraining
    #LawsandPublicPolicy
    #Medicine,SurgeryandSterilization
    #PeopleManagement(includingVolunteerIntegration)
    #RemoteCustomerService*

------------------------------
    Cindi Delany, DVM, KPA-CTP, FFCP
    Director of Online Learning
    Maddie's Million Pet Challenge
    UC Davis Koret Shelter Medicine Program

• 2.  RE: A New Era in Medical Care - Telemedicine and Vaccine Clinics in California (that could be adopted in other states) - Legislative Updates for 2024 Webinar - 1/24/24 (will be recorded)

Posted 01-11-2024 08:42 AM

Thank you Dr. Delany for the great news on telemedicine. I have been waiting for this and can't wait to attend the webinar. As a trainer working with private clients and rescues, I hope telemedicine will change the veterinary practice by providing better access to care. I witness many guardians who could not provide medical support for their pets or worst having to relinquish their pets to the shelters due to lack of access. There is also the issue of affordability, I hope this new approach will also lighten the financial responsibilities for many of the pet caregivers. I am excited to learn more about the telemedicine. 

Julielani Chang
    The Life of Kai: Compassion Connections Inc.
    Davis CA

• 3.  RE: A New Era in Medical Care - Telemedicine and Vaccine Clinics in California (that could be adopted in other states) - Legislative Updates for 2024 Webinar - 1/24/24 (will be recorded)